Van Halen Postpone More Than 30 Dates, Stay Quiet About the Decision
Van Halen have cut short their ongoing summer tour. The newly-reunited rock band, who kicked off the roadshow on February 18 in Louisville, have decided to put on hold the gigs that follow their June 26 concert in New Orleans.
Neither official reason has been released by Eddie Van Halen and his bandmates regarding the postponements nor rescheduled dates have been announced. The tour's AEG Live also did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Sources from some of the venues where the band booked their gig denied any speculations suggesting that the postponements were made because of poor ticket sales. "It's selling pretty good - I don't know why they would say it's being canceled," said a source at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where the band were supposed to perform on July 7.
According to Rolling Stone, some of the non-canceled concerts have nearly sold out, including a June 19 show at Xcel Energy Center in Minneapolis and a June 20 gig at American Airlines Center in Dallas. "We're selling really well," said Jack Larson, vice president and general manager of the Xcel Center. "We're looking forward to it."
Another source told the publication that the members of the band didn't get along. They "hate each other," the source claimed. "The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting." Three original members Eddie, Alex Van Halen, David Lee Roth are joined by Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen for the tour.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna