Van Halen Postpone More Than 30 Dates, Stay Quiet About the Decision
Van Halen have cut short their ongoing summer tour. The newly-reunited rock band, who kicked off the roadshow on February 18 in Louisville, have decided to put on hold the gigs that follow their June 26 concert in New Orleans.
Neither official reason has been released by Eddie Van Halen and his bandmates regarding the postponements nor rescheduled dates have been announced. The tour's AEG Live also did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Sources from some of the venues where the band booked their gig denied any speculations suggesting that the postponements were made because of poor ticket sales. "It's selling pretty good - I don't know why they would say it's being canceled," said a source at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where the band were supposed to perform on July 7.
According to Rolling Stone, some of the non-canceled concerts have nearly sold out, including a June 19 show at Xcel Energy Center in Minneapolis and a June 20 gig at American Airlines Center in Dallas. "We're selling really well," said Jack Larson, vice president and general manager of the Xcel Center. "We're looking forward to it."
Another source told the publication that the members of the band didn't get along. They "hate each other," the source claimed. "The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting." Three original members Eddie, Alex Van Halen, David Lee Roth are joined by Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen for the tour.
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart