Van Halen Postpone More Than 30 Dates, Stay Quiet About the Decision
Van Halen have cut short their ongoing summer tour. The newly-reunited rock band, who kicked off the roadshow on February 18 in Louisville, have decided to put on hold the gigs that follow their June 26 concert in New Orleans.
Neither official reason has been released by Eddie Van Halen and his bandmates regarding the postponements nor rescheduled dates have been announced. The tour's AEG Live also did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Sources from some of the venues where the band booked their gig denied any speculations suggesting that the postponements were made because of poor ticket sales. "It's selling pretty good - I don't know why they would say it's being canceled," said a source at the Mohegan Sun Arena, where the band were supposed to perform on July 7.
According to Rolling Stone, some of the non-canceled concerts have nearly sold out, including a June 19 show at Xcel Energy Center in Minneapolis and a June 20 gig at American Airlines Center in Dallas. "We're selling really well," said Jack Larson, vice president and general manager of the Xcel Center. "We're looking forward to it."
Another source told the publication that the members of the band didn't get along. They "hate each other," the source claimed. "The band is arguing like mad. They are fighting." Three original members Eddie, Alex Van Halen, David Lee Roth are joined by Eddie's son Wolfgang Van Halen for the tour.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway