Jessica Simpson Expands Fashion Empire With Maternity Line
Motherhood apparently doesn't pull Jessica Simpson away from fashion business. In fact, the 31-year-old singer, who has given birth to a baby girl on May 1, is adding a maternity collection to her billion-dollar fashion empire. On Monday, May 14, she announced plans to launch Jessica Simpson Maternity in stores in the fall of 2012.
"I'm so excited to partner with Destination Maternity to design a collection of fashionable styles that make you look and feel great," said the "Fashion Star" mentor of her latest collection in a press release. She added, "You want to wear clothes that are flattering to your baby bump; you want to show your bump off."
Simpson's maternity line will have a vintage 1970s feel with prices ranging from $36 to $69. Featuring "breezy, everyday pieces aimed at the modern mom-to-be who wants to maintain her fashion edge throughout her pregnancy," it will include printed tops, maxi dresses, jackets, blazers, sweaters, knits and denim. It will be available at Destination Maternity, Motherhood Maternity and Macy's stores.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof