Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson Name Newborn Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson gave birth to her and fiance Eric Johnson (II)'s baby girl on Tuesday, May 1 morning in Los Angeles. "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson," the announcement on her official site said.
Jessica's sister Ashlee Simpson, mother Tina and father Joe were all seen arriving at the hospital that morning to support the singer while on delivery. "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received," the announcement continued. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!"
Maxwell, first child of both Jessica and Eric, measured 21 3/4 inches and weighed 9 pounds and 13 ounces upon birth. Her middle name was taken from her maternal grandmother, Tina, whose maiden name is Drew.
Simpson's huge baby bump prompted everyone to think that she was already close to her due date earlier this month. But she denied the allegation, tweeting at the end of April, "To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl...I'm still pregnant!!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?