Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson Name Newborn Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson gave birth to her and fiance Eric Johnson (II)'s baby girl on Tuesday, May 1 morning in Los Angeles. "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson," the announcement on her official site said.
Jessica's sister Ashlee Simpson, mother Tina and father Joe were all seen arriving at the hospital that morning to support the singer while on delivery. "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received," the announcement continued. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!"
Maxwell, first child of both Jessica and Eric, measured 21 3/4 inches and weighed 9 pounds and 13 ounces upon birth. Her middle name was taken from her maternal grandmother, Tina, whose maiden name is Drew.
Simpson's huge baby bump prompted everyone to think that she was already close to her due date earlier this month. But she denied the allegation, tweeting at the end of April, "To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl...I'm still pregnant!!"
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'