Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson Name Newborn Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson gave birth to her and fiance Eric Johnson (II)'s baby girl on Tuesday, May 1 morning in Los Angeles. "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson," the announcement on her official site said.
Jessica's sister Ashlee Simpson, mother Tina and father Joe were all seen arriving at the hospital that morning to support the singer while on delivery. "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received," the announcement continued. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!"
Maxwell, first child of both Jessica and Eric, measured 21 3/4 inches and weighed 9 pounds and 13 ounces upon birth. Her middle name was taken from her maternal grandmother, Tina, whose maiden name is Drew.
Simpson's huge baby bump prompted everyone to think that she was already close to her due date earlier this month. But she denied the allegation, tweeting at the end of April, "To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl...I'm still pregnant!!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO