Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson Name Newborn Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson gave birth to her and fiance Eric Johnson (II)'s baby girl on Tuesday, May 1 morning in Los Angeles. "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson," the announcement on her official site said.
Jessica's sister Ashlee Simpson, mother Tina and father Joe were all seen arriving at the hospital that morning to support the singer while on delivery. "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received," the announcement continued. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!"
Maxwell, first child of both Jessica and Eric, measured 21 3/4 inches and weighed 9 pounds and 13 ounces upon birth. Her middle name was taken from her maternal grandmother, Tina, whose maiden name is Drew.
Simpson's huge baby bump prompted everyone to think that she was already close to her due date earlier this month. But she denied the allegation, tweeting at the end of April, "To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl...I'm still pregnant!!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'