Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson Name Newborn Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson gave birth to her and fiance Eric Johnson (II)'s baby girl on Tuesday, May 1 morning in Los Angeles. "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson," the announcement on her official site said.
Jessica's sister Ashlee Simpson, mother Tina and father Joe were all seen arriving at the hospital that morning to support the singer while on delivery. "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received," the announcement continued. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!"
Maxwell, first child of both Jessica and Eric, measured 21 3/4 inches and weighed 9 pounds and 13 ounces upon birth. Her middle name was taken from her maternal grandmother, Tina, whose maiden name is Drew.
Simpson's huge baby bump prompted everyone to think that she was already close to her due date earlier this month. But she denied the allegation, tweeting at the end of April, "To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl...I'm still pregnant!!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season