'General Hospital' Gets 23 Nominations at 2012 Daytime Emmys
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the nominees for the 39th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, unveiling the domination of "General Hospital". The ABC soap opera leads the pack with 23 noms, including the coveted Outstanding Drama Series.
In the category, the third longest running drama in television will fight against "Days of Our Lives", "The Young and the Restless" and "All My Children", which was canceled by ABC last year. Meanwhile, "The Bold and the Beautiful" which won the title for three years in a row, is not included in the race this year.
Laura Wright, who plays Carly Corinthos Jax on "GH", is up for best drama actress trophy. In the male category, lead actor Anthony Geary is facing off his own co-star Maurice Bernard. The show's other recognitions include Outstanding Supporting Actress for Nancy Lee Grahn and Rebecca Herbst, and Outstanding Supporting Actor for Bradford Anderson, Sean Blakemore, Jonathan Jackson as well as Jason Thompson.
Being tied for second-most nominations are "Sesame Street" and "The Young and the Restless" with 16 each. "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", meanwhile, is up for 12 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment which also has "Live! with Regis and Kelly", "The Talk" and "The View" as its nominees.
The winners of the 2012 Daytime Emmys will be announced in a gala that will take place in Beverly Hills, California on Saturday, June 23. The full nomination list can be seen on the official site.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?