'General Hospital' Gets 23 Nominations at 2012 Daytime Emmys
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the nominees for the 39th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, unveiling the domination of "General Hospital". The ABC soap opera leads the pack with 23 noms, including the coveted Outstanding Drama Series.
In the category, the third longest running drama in television will fight against "Days of Our Lives", "The Young and the Restless" and "All My Children", which was canceled by ABC last year. Meanwhile, "The Bold and the Beautiful" which won the title for three years in a row, is not included in the race this year.
Laura Wright, who plays Carly Corinthos Jax on "GH", is up for best drama actress trophy. In the male category, lead actor Anthony Geary is facing off his own co-star Maurice Bernard. The show's other recognitions include Outstanding Supporting Actress for Nancy Lee Grahn and Rebecca Herbst, and Outstanding Supporting Actor for Bradford Anderson, Sean Blakemore, Jonathan Jackson as well as Jason Thompson.
Being tied for second-most nominations are "Sesame Street" and "The Young and the Restless" with 16 each. "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", meanwhile, is up for 12 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment which also has "Live! with Regis and Kelly", "The Talk" and "The View" as its nominees.
The winners of the 2012 Daytime Emmys will be announced in a gala that will take place in Beverly Hills, California on Saturday, June 23. The full nomination list can be seen on the official site.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'