'General Hospital' Gets 23 Nominations at 2012 Daytime Emmys
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has announced the nominees for the 39th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, unveiling the domination of "General Hospital". The ABC soap opera leads the pack with 23 noms, including the coveted Outstanding Drama Series.
In the category, the third longest running drama in television will fight against "Days of Our Lives", "The Young and the Restless" and "All My Children", which was canceled by ABC last year. Meanwhile, "The Bold and the Beautiful" which won the title for three years in a row, is not included in the race this year.
Laura Wright, who plays Carly Corinthos Jax on "GH", is up for best drama actress trophy. In the male category, lead actor Anthony Geary is facing off his own co-star Maurice Bernard. The show's other recognitions include Outstanding Supporting Actress for Nancy Lee Grahn and Rebecca Herbst, and Outstanding Supporting Actor for Bradford Anderson, Sean Blakemore, Jonathan Jackson as well as Jason Thompson.
Being tied for second-most nominations are "Sesame Street" and "The Young and the Restless" with 16 each. "The Ellen DeGeneres Show", meanwhile, is up for 12 categories, including Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment which also has "Live! with Regis and Kelly", "The Talk" and "The View" as its nominees.
The winners of the 2012 Daytime Emmys will be announced in a gala that will take place in Beverly Hills, California on Saturday, June 23. The full nomination list can be seen on the official site.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses