Nina Dobrev May Star Opposite Kellan Lutz in Drug Ring Drama 'Kid Cannabis'
After starring opposite Emma Watson in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Nina Dobrev may land another big screen role in the near future. The Elena of "The Vampire Diaries" is in talks to join "Kid Cannabis" along with "Twilight Saga" actor Kellan Lutz.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Dobrev is still trying to overcome her scheduling issue before she could finalize the deal. Should she join the project, the girlfriend of actor Ian Somerhalder is expected to star as a "hot-to-trot 19-year-old who has a thing for the best friend and whose father is one of the biggest pot growers in the province."
"Kid Cannabis" has already tapped "Project X" breakout Jonathan Daniel Brown as the male lead. Brown will play a depressed teen who teams up with his friends to smuggle drugs across the Canadian border. Lutz is expected to star as one of the friends.
The indie pic will be directed by John Stockwell. The story is based on a 2005 Rolling Stone's article about a true story of Idaho suburban teens who run a multimillion-dollar marijuana business. The production is scheduled to kick off in Canada this July.
Dobrev's last big screen stint was "The Roommate", which was released in 2011. As for Lutz, the actor has just been cast as the titular character in Constantin Films' 3D motion-caption movie "Tarzan (2015)". He will reprise his role as Emmett Cullen in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II", which will hit the U.S. theaters on November 16.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal