Busy Philipps 'Disappointed' by the Way ABC Treats 'Cougar Town'
Busy Philipps has slammed ABC over the way it treats her show "Cougar Town". After the Courteney Cox-starring series was benched for months and rescheduled, the actress commented, "It has not been fun to feel like the ugly stepsister of the network." She added, "They moved us around, they took us off the air for months. I do feel a little disappointed in how they've treated the show."
Thus, the blonde actress fully supports the idea of the show moving to TBS, as it was recently rumored. "If TBS is willing to launch the show in a real great way and we would actually have like billboards and commercials, that would be really cool." She further told E! Online that she's "really excited about the possibility" of switching networks.
"I feel like if it really happens it's kind of going to be like best case scenario for all of us," the Wendy Best of "I Don't Know How She Does It" went on gushing. However, she realized that they don't have a choice. "Gung-ho or not, get on the train!" she said with a laugh.
Deadline first reported last weekend that TBS was in talks with ABC Studios about potentially picking up "Cougar Town" for two seasons, with 15 episodes each. If the deal is sealed, an announcement is expected to come out as early as a week later.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance