Lindsay Lohan Escapes Charges in Hit-and-Run Case
Lindsay Lohan is finally off the hook in her alleged hit-and-run incident. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced on Friday, May 4, just hours after the case was sent to them, that they won't be filing a charge against the "Freaky Friday" star because there was insufficient evidence to pursue a case.
Deputy District Attorney John Gilligan wrote in his report, "There is no direct evidence to show Lindsay Lohan or anyone else struck victim [Thaer] Kamal." He added, "The fact that no collision is seen on the video and a lack of any damage to any vehicle or any independent witnesses make it impossible to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt."
The D.A.'s rejection notification also noted doubts about Kamal's credibility as stating, "Victim Kamal changed story and lack of cooperation with law enforcement make him a non credible witness." It was said that the Hookah Lounge's manager refused medical treatment at the scene and refused to cooperate on follow-up interviews until two weeks after the incident.
In the evaluation worksheet, it was also detailed that Kamal initially told police that Lohan's car "rubbed along his right leg but that it was uninjured and he did not want police involved." In a later interview, he said that his left leg was uninjured. However, he then gave detectives a photo of a bruised left knee, and appeared for another interview with a bandaged left knee.
The incident itself took place back in March. At the time, it was reported that Lohan struck Kamal with her new Porsche as she drove away from the parking lot of Sayers Club in Hollywood at just after midnight on March 14. An eyewitness told TMZ that the man appeared to be fine following the mishap and actually "got up and started smoking his hookah."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World