Lindsay Lohan Escapes Charges in Hit-and-Run Case
Lindsay Lohan is finally off the hook in her alleged hit-and-run incident. The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office announced on Friday, May 4, just hours after the case was sent to them, that they won't be filing a charge against the "Freaky Friday" star because there was insufficient evidence to pursue a case.
Deputy District Attorney John Gilligan wrote in his report, "There is no direct evidence to show Lindsay Lohan or anyone else struck victim [Thaer] Kamal." He added, "The fact that no collision is seen on the video and a lack of any damage to any vehicle or any independent witnesses make it impossible to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt."
The D.A.'s rejection notification also noted doubts about Kamal's credibility as stating, "Victim Kamal changed story and lack of cooperation with law enforcement make him a non credible witness." It was said that the Hookah Lounge's manager refused medical treatment at the scene and refused to cooperate on follow-up interviews until two weeks after the incident.
In the evaluation worksheet, it was also detailed that Kamal initially told police that Lohan's car "rubbed along his right leg but that it was uninjured and he did not want police involved." In a later interview, he said that his left leg was uninjured. However, he then gave detectives a photo of a bruised left knee, and appeared for another interview with a bandaged left knee.
The incident itself took place back in March. At the time, it was reported that Lohan struck Kamal with her new Porsche as she drove away from the parking lot of Sayers Club in Hollywood at just after midnight on March 14. An eyewitness told TMZ that the man appeared to be fine following the mishap and actually "got up and started smoking his hookah."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video