New 'Avengers' TV Series Could Launch in 2013
Hot on the heels of "The Avengers" movie release in the U.S., Marvel will reportedly cancel "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" in favor of a new TV series about the superhero team. After Comic Book Movie broke the news in April, a Forbes article seemingly confirmed it as it stated that the company will introduce The Avengers animated TV series next year.
"While The Avengers' May 4 opening marks the end of the current multi-year plan, Marvel has already developed a detailed marketing strategy for the next five years... Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the in 2013," so part of the article read.
According to CBM, the article originally mentioned that the new show will launch on Cartoon Network, but the updated version has removed the name of the channel. Moreover, the site reported that the new show will open with Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow, who all appear in the 2012 movie, on the line-up.
Ant-Man is said to later appear the show, which is set in the same universe of the current animated "Ultimate Spider-Man" series. Thanos will allegedly be featured as one of the big villains because the character is rumored to appear in "The Avengers" movie sequel. It's further pointed out that the new show will not be a continuation of the current show that airs on Disney XD.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?