New 'Avengers' TV Series Could Launch in 2013
Hot on the heels of "The Avengers" movie release in the U.S., Marvel will reportedly cancel "The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" in favor of a new TV series about the superhero team. After Comic Book Movie broke the news in April, a Forbes article seemingly confirmed it as it stated that the company will introduce The Avengers animated TV series next year.
"While The Avengers' May 4 opening marks the end of the current multi-year plan, Marvel has already developed a detailed marketing strategy for the next five years... Marvel is introducing digital initiatives, new print and comic book titles, and The Avengers animated TV series on the in 2013," so part of the article read.
According to CBM, the article originally mentioned that the new show will launch on Cartoon Network, but the updated version has removed the name of the channel. Moreover, the site reported that the new show will open with Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow, who all appear in the 2012 movie, on the line-up.
Ant-Man is said to later appear the show, which is set in the same universe of the current animated "Ultimate Spider-Man" series. Thanos will allegedly be featured as one of the big villains because the character is rumored to appear in "The Avengers" movie sequel. It's further pointed out that the new show will not be a continuation of the current show that airs on Disney XD.
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette