The CW Gives 'The Vampire Diaries', 'Supernatural' and '90210' Early Pickups
"The Vampire Diaries", "Supernatural" and "90210" have been given new season orders by The CW. The renewal will bring back the vampire-themed series for a fourth season, the ghost-hunting show for an eighth season, and the spin-off of "Beverly Hills, 90210" for a fifth season.
The renewal announcement for "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" doesn't come as a surprise. The former is currently the highest-rated show for the network, while the latter had tapped Jeremy Carver as a new showrunner to replace Sera Gamble, who would step down from the position, although it had not been officially renewed at that time.
Previously, The CW had given a new season order to "America's Next Top Model". Meanwhile, "Gossip Girl", "Nikita" as well as freshmen "The Secret Circle", "Ringer" and "Hart of Dixie" are still awaiting word on their fate.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance