The CW Gives 'The Vampire Diaries', 'Supernatural' and '90210' Early Pickups
"The Vampire Diaries", "Supernatural" and "90210" have been given new season orders by The CW. The renewal will bring back the vampire-themed series for a fourth season, the ghost-hunting show for an eighth season, and the spin-off of "Beverly Hills, 90210" for a fifth season.
The renewal announcement for "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" doesn't come as a surprise. The former is currently the highest-rated show for the network, while the latter had tapped Jeremy Carver as a new showrunner to replace Sera Gamble, who would step down from the position, although it had not been officially renewed at that time.
Previously, The CW had given a new season order to "America's Next Top Model". Meanwhile, "Gossip Girl", "Nikita" as well as freshmen "The Secret Circle", "Ringer" and "Hart of Dixie" are still awaiting word on their fate.
More The Vampire Diaries News
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress