The CW Gives 'The Vampire Diaries', 'Supernatural' and '90210' Early Pickups
"The Vampire Diaries", "Supernatural" and "90210" have been given new season orders by The CW. The renewal will bring back the vampire-themed series for a fourth season, the ghost-hunting show for an eighth season, and the spin-off of "Beverly Hills, 90210" for a fifth season.
The renewal announcement for "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" doesn't come as a surprise. The former is currently the highest-rated show for the network, while the latter had tapped Jeremy Carver as a new showrunner to replace Sera Gamble, who would step down from the position, although it had not been officially renewed at that time.
Previously, The CW had given a new season order to "America's Next Top Model". Meanwhile, "Gossip Girl", "Nikita" as well as freshmen "The Secret Circle", "Ringer" and "Hart of Dixie" are still awaiting word on their fate.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says