Mick Jagger to Pull Double Duty on 'SNL' Finale
Mick Jagger will pull double duty as the host and performer of "Saturday Night Live" finale. The Rolling Stones frontman was picked as the 50th anniversary of the Stones is celebrated. While this is his third time as musical guest on the NBC comedy show, it would be his first as host.
Leading to the finale on May 19, NY Giants quarterback Eli Manning will host on May 5 with Rihanna as musical guest. The next week, Will Ferrell takes over as the host with Usher as musical guest.
On Wednesday, "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels did a conference call with the press but he did not discuss the finale. Instead, he addressed the rumor that the show's veterans, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis, will move on later this year.
"I know there will be some [exits]," he told reporters. "But it's just sort of the nature of the way we work; that no one really talks about it until the season is done." He added that he would like "everyone to stay".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower