Tony Lucca Feels Christina Aguilera Tries to Get Him Out of 'The Voice'
Tony Lucca is voicing his mind on Christina Aguilera's constant criticism at him on "The Voice". After the "Keeps Gettin' Better" songstress made it clear that she's rooting for Katrina Parker on semifinals night, the Team Adam contestant confessed that he feels like she just wants to take him out of the competition.
Speaking to PEOPLE after the show on Monday, April 30, the 36-year-old first admitted, "I was just scratching my head like: 'Really, you have to keep going on with this?' " He went on to say, "All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other's choices. But now it seems like she's just flat-out trying to get me out of here."
Commenting on Aguilera's request to Adam Levine to "take a look at Katrina Parker because she's a star," Lucca said he felt "offended on [Levine]'s behalf." The former Mickey Mouse Club member explained, "He worked hard to make sure we were coming out on equal footing." Still, he did acknowledge that he and Levine "have a brotherhood going on."
In a separate interview with Los Angeles Times, Lucca credited Aguilera for giving him motivation to present a better performance every week. "I didn't disagree with what she said," he at first said. "I understood where it was coming from." He then pointed out, "It breathed new life into my strategy. It gave me a strategy."
Asked why Aguilera continued on dissing him, Lucca responded by admitting, "Honestly I don't know." He further explained as referring to his MMC days, "There has been a web of friendships that have stemmed from that show. And at various times different falling outs and alliances. That's all I can really ascertain."
Aguilera hasn't been exactly nice with her comments for Lucca. She once called him "one-dimensional", and suggested that he may have an unfair advantage due to Justin Timberlake's support. On Monday night, she indirectly dissed him when commenting on Parker's performance of The Fugees' "Killing Me Softly".
"I just encourage Adam to really look at you," the "Not Myself Tonight" singer told Parker. She went on to say, "I know that probably the obvious, predictable choice for Adam would be to be swayed towards [Lucca]. But I'm telling you, take a look at Katrina Parker because she's a star."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl