Tony Lucca Feels Christina Aguilera Tries to Get Him Out of 'The Voice'
Tony Lucca is voicing his mind on Christina Aguilera's constant criticism at him on "The Voice". After the "Keeps Gettin' Better" songstress made it clear that she's rooting for Katrina Parker on semifinals night, the Team Adam contestant confessed that he feels like she just wants to take him out of the competition.
Speaking to PEOPLE after the show on Monday, April 30, the 36-year-old first admitted, "I was just scratching my head like: 'Really, you have to keep going on with this?' " He went on to say, "All of the other coaches have been pretty respectful about each other's choices. But now it seems like she's just flat-out trying to get me out of here."
Commenting on Aguilera's request to Adam Levine to "take a look at Katrina Parker because she's a star," Lucca said he felt "offended on [Levine]'s behalf." The former Mickey Mouse Club member explained, "He worked hard to make sure we were coming out on equal footing." Still, he did acknowledge that he and Levine "have a brotherhood going on."
In a separate interview with Los Angeles Times, Lucca credited Aguilera for giving him motivation to present a better performance every week. "I didn't disagree with what she said," he at first said. "I understood where it was coming from." He then pointed out, "It breathed new life into my strategy. It gave me a strategy."
Asked why Aguilera continued on dissing him, Lucca responded by admitting, "Honestly I don't know." He further explained as referring to his MMC days, "There has been a web of friendships that have stemmed from that show. And at various times different falling outs and alliances. That's all I can really ascertain."
Aguilera hasn't been exactly nice with her comments for Lucca. She once called him "one-dimensional", and suggested that he may have an unfair advantage due to Justin Timberlake's support. On Monday night, she indirectly dissed him when commenting on Parker's performance of The Fugees' "Killing Me Softly".
"I just encourage Adam to really look at you," the "Not Myself Tonight" singer told Parker. She went on to say, "I know that probably the obvious, predictable choice for Adam would be to be swayed towards [Lucca]. But I'm telling you, take a look at Katrina Parker because she's a star."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale