'RuPaul's Drag Race' Winner Dedicates Crown to Anyone Who Got Picked On
The winner of "RuPaul's Drag Race" season 4 has been announced on Monday, April 30. After interviewing the final three finalists in a reunion show, RuPaul declared Sharon Needles as America's Next Drag Superstar.
With a crown newly put on her head, the Pittsburgh native walked the runway and told the crowd, "Happy Halloween, everybody!" as she channeled her spooky drag persona in a green dress. She went on saying, "This crown is for anyone who ever got picked on as a kid."
Needles, whose real name is Aaron Coady, beat the other two finalists, Phi Phi O'Hara and Chad Michaels. She took home $100,000 as well as other prizes from various sponsors.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly before the result was revealed, Needles said she would "gag" if O'Hara, with whom she had a fight, won the show. "Do I think she deserves it? I don't at all... her attitude toward a sisterhood amongst fellow drag queens is just absolutely evil," she reasoned.
Asked what her biggest regret was while joining the show, she said it's "not trying to invest more of a friendship and time with Willam." The 29-year-old explained, "At the time I did have some hesitation - and maybe even some hostility - toward Willam because I knew that there were things going down... But after the show ended - and me spending some time with her - she's one of the most giving, relevant, funny, witty."
Willam herself took part in the reunion to explain what rule she broke which led to her disqualification. "What didn't I do?" she jokingly answered, before revealing that she had sex with her husband while she and other contestants were quarantined during the taping. "My husband was coming to bang me out," she explained.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?