Chris Brown Denies Breeding Dogs for Profit
Chris Brown was reported breeding and selling puppies for profit, prompting animal rights activists to voice their protests. But Brown's representative denied that it was a business, saying the singer sold the seven pitbull pups so that they can find good homes.
Brown's mother/manager Joyce Hawkins posted a link on her Twitter on Monday, April 23 of CB Breeds. On the website, Brown's photos holding newborn puppies were featured along with the offer to buy them for $1,000 a pup. "CHRIS BROWN PUPPIES FOR SALE," Hawkins tweeted.
PETA quickly criticized Brown's decision to breed dogs while there are a lot of them in pounds ready to be adopted. "There is no such thing as a responsible breeder while wonderful dogs are being put down in animal shelters across the country for lack of a good home. This is a moneymaking scheme, and Brown will count the suckers who fall for it as he counts the money on the way to the bank," PETA told E! News in a statement. "Shelters will count the bodies in the barrel. As Justin Bieber, Kellan Lutz and Rocsi Diaz say, 'Adopt, never buy'."
A publicist for Brown later released a statement to straighten things up, saying the puppies were part of a litter birthed by his family's dogs back home in Virginia. "He loves animals, especially dogs," said the rep.
More Chris Brown News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction