Robin Gibb Wakes Up From Coma and Already Talking
Good fate is siding on Robin Gibb. After a week on hospital bed, the ailing singer woke up from his coma and is already showing signs of recovery, his spokesman announced.
The Bee Gees singer was admitted to a London hospital last week after contracting pneumonia. He later went into coma but his family and friends kept prayers and hope flooding from his bedside. According to his wife Dwina, his brother Barry Gibb "was singing to him" and it was alleged that Robin responded to music they have played for him.
The 62-year-old, who was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer, has been able to communicate with his family members. Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said in a statement, "He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask. He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."
He continued, "Our immediate goals are to ensure that Robin's swallowing mechanism is safe enough to allow him to eat and drink, and that he recovers enough strength to breathe effectively, without needing high levels of oxygen by mask."
Robin may be moved out of the ICU soon. "It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam added.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked