Robin Gibb Wakes Up From Coma and Already Talking
Good fate is siding on Robin Gibb. After a week on hospital bed, the ailing singer woke up from his coma and is already showing signs of recovery, his spokesman announced.
The Bee Gees singer was admitted to a London hospital last week after contracting pneumonia. He later went into coma but his family and friends kept prayers and hope flooding from his bedside. According to his wife Dwina, his brother Barry Gibb "was singing to him" and it was alleged that Robin responded to music they have played for him.
The 62-year-old, who was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer, has been able to communicate with his family members. Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said in a statement, "He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask. He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."
He continued, "Our immediate goals are to ensure that Robin's swallowing mechanism is safe enough to allow him to eat and drink, and that he recovers enough strength to breathe effectively, without needing high levels of oxygen by mask."
Robin may be moved out of the ICU soon. "It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam added.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia