Guy Pearce Close to Play Geneticist Aldrich Killian in 'Iron Man 3'
After landing a role as ambitious Peter Weyland in "Prometheus", Guy Pearce is one step closer to tackle another villainous character in "Iron Man 3". Variety has learned that the "Lockout" actor is finalizing a deal to star as geneticist Aldrich Killian in the upcoming armored hero movie.
In the Marvel comic books, Killian is described as a co-creator of the Extremis technology, which Iron Man adopts after Killian sells the technology to a terrorist. It has been speculated that Ben Kingsley is the one who will play the terrorist involved in spreading a virus through nanobots.
Plot details of the third "Iron Man" movie are still kept under very tight wraps. Though so, it has been reported that the upcoming film will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which were published in 2005. The comics presented a new origin story that focused on nanotechnology.
Shane Black is set to direct "Iron Man 3", which will bring back Robert Downey Jr. as the titular superhero a.k.a Tony Stark, Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, and Don Cheadle as Rhodey.
The movie is scheduled to kick off shooting in North Carolina this May before continuing in China in late summer. Walt Disney Pictures will release it in the U.S. on May 3, 2013.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24