North Carolina to Host Production for 'Iron Man 3'
It has been confirmed that "Iron Man 3" will be filmed in North Carolina. On Thursday, October 27 EUE/Screen Gems and North Carolina Governor Beverly Perdue announced that the upcoming third film of Marvel Comic's armored hero is set to kick off the production at Wilmington's Screen Gems Studios.
"We aggressively pursued this piece of business", Chris Cooney, EUE/Screen Gems co-owner said. "This film is a game changer, not only for our studios, but for the entire state of North Carolina. It feels great to bring this project to Wilmington, a place where we've invested emotionally and financially since 1996. Today, our vision become reality."
The project will be the biggest production to take place in Wilmington. Previously, the city had hosted production for such movies as "28 Days" in 2000 and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" in 1997. It also hosted the production of TV hit series "Dawson's Creek".
Marvel produced both "Iron Man" and "Iron Man 2" at its own studios in Manhattan Beach, California. Meanwhile, "Iron Man 3" is expected to move into its Wilmington basecamp in early 2012. To arrive in U.S. theaters on May 3, 2013, the next "Iron Man" movie is directed by Shane Black. Robert Downey Jr. will reprise his role as the lead character.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London