Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Have Family Trip to Galapagos Post-Engagement
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are celebrating their engagement with a family trip. On Tuesday, April 17, the Hollywood power couple and their six children were spotted arriving at the Baltra airport in Guayaquil, Ecuador. They were en route to the famous Galapagos Islands where Charles Darwin conceived his theory of evolution.
A local Twitter user shared a snapshot of the family after they got off their private jet. Meanwhile, a source in the mayor's office of Santa Cruz told PEOPLE on Wednesday, "We were informed that they arrived at the airport in Baltra yesterday. Then they made their way over to a villa in the Galapagos Islands." It is said that the family were heading to the Royal Palm Hotel.
X17 Online reported that the family of eight was spotted getting on a tour bus when they left the airport. They headed toward a ferry to the islands, which is now famous for its eco-tourism and is protected by the United Nations as a World Heritage site. Per Ecuador's El Universo, they boarded the Reina Silvia, one of the area's most luxurious yachts.
Pitt and Jolie have recently announced that they have gotten engaged. The "Moneyball" actor's manager confirmed the news on April 13 after his longtime girlfriend was photographed rocking a huge diamond ring when checking out the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Chinese Galleries. She said in a statement, "It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy."
News of the couple's engagement has got people talking about their wedding. Jolie's "Kung Fu Panda 2" co-star Jack Black, however, told Marc Malkin of E!, "That's a ways down the road." He reasoned, "I haven't received any invite, so let's not get ahead of ourselves...I don't have to get a present until I'm invited, right? And then I've got a whole year - isn't that the rule?"
More Brad Pitt News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21