Ted Nugent Promises to Be Polite and Supportive During Secret Service Meeting
Ted Nugent is looking forward to meeting with the Secret Service over his recent comments about President Barack Obama. Revealing that he will be interviewed by the agents on Thursday, April 19, the rock guitarist told conservative radio host Glenn Beck, "I will be as polite and supportive as I possibly can be, which will be thoroughly."
"We actually have heard from the Secret Service, and they have a duty, and I salute them. I support them and I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow," the 63-year-old rocker said Wednesday. Though joking, "We're going to have a little barbecue get together," he noted, "I'm not trying to diminish the seriousness of this, because if the Secret Service are doing it they are serious."
During the radio chat, Nugent further stressed, "The bottom line is I've never threatened anybody's life in my life." He added, "I don't threaten, I don't waste breath threatening. I just conduct myself as a dedicated 'We the people' activist because I've saluted too many flag draped coffins to not appreciate where the freedom comes from."
Nugent came under scrutiny after making incendiary comments about the U.S. president at a recent National Rifle Association convention. "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year," he said. "If you can't go home and get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don't even know what you're made of."
In response to Nugent's remarks, Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary in a statement, "We are aware of the incident with Ted Nugent, and we are conducting appropriate follow-up." He added, "We recognize an individual's right to freedom of speech but we also have a responsibility to determine and investigate intent."
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host