Bobby Brown Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charges
Bobby Brown entered a not guilty plea for three misdemeanor charges related to his DUI case, City attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said. The singer was not present at the Van Nuys court to submit his plea and was represented by his attorney instead.
Brown was arrested in Los Angeles on March 26. He was pulled over in Reseda when he was seen talking to his cell phone. He was also charged with driving with a blood-alcohol level above .08 and driving with suspended license.
His attorney Tiffany Feder said Brown was not driving like a maniac when he was arrested. "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and Mr. Brown was not driving erratically. He was speaking on his cell phone," the lawyer said.
Until his pretrial hearing on May 16, Brown is banned from consuming alcohol. He faces up to a year in jail if convicted of all three charges.
More Bobby Brown News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna