'The Voice': Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton Make Surprising Eliminations
Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton were faced with another difficult decision when "The Voice" started off its quarterfinals. The two coaches had to send home one contestant each after watching all of their proteges performing that Monday, April 16 night.
Commenting on the new rule, the "Burlesque" star said early in the episode, "I'm really upset right now about it, because at this point I strongly believe in my team, and they're all winners to me." She went on admitting, "It's going to be super, super tough to make this decision tonight."
Blake claimed he's surprised by the twist. "I didn't see this coming," he said. "I think it's caught us all off guard a little bit. ... It sucks." Adam Levine, however, totally supported the instant elimination as saying that he would rather be in charge of who goes home rather than leaving it up to other people.
RaeLynn and Jermaine Paul were among the standouts from team Blake. Christina said the former's rendition of Jason Aldean's "She's Country" was "bada**", but the latter performance of Phil Collins' "Against All Odds" was her favorite.
Blake, in return, praised Christina's protege Ashley De La Rosa who sang a rock-infused "Foolish Games" by Jewel Kilcher. The "Honey Bee" crooner praised her ongoing improvement and called Christina's decision to save her a few weeks ago was "the smartest decision that's been made this year."
When it's time to cut down the singers, Christina made a shocking decision by eliminating Jesse Campbell, who was Adam's "huge, huge favorite" to win the entire competition. Blake, meanwhile, opted to send home Jordis Unga, whom he saved during the first live rounds.
Also on the latest edition of "The Voice", Adam and his band Maroon 5 performed their single, "Payphone", featuring Wiz Khalifa. Christina and her team delivered her hit "Fighter", while Blake and his proteges took the stage to tackle Eagles' "Heartache Tonight."
On Tuesday, April 17, Christina and Blake will send home another contestant each to get their top 2 singers.
More The Voice News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri