Angelina Jolie Spotted Out for First Time Since Engagement Announcement
All eyes are on Angelina Jolie and her engagement ring these days. On Monday, April 16, the "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director was spotted rocking her huge sparkler when stepping out in Hollywood for the first time since it was confirmed that she has finally gotten engaged to Brad Pitt.
At the time, the "Salt" actress was photographed stepping out of her car and heading into the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles. She wore a simple olive cotton square-neck dress that did little to hide her skinny frame, and teamed it up with a pair of beige peep-toe wedges, sunglasses and a grey YSL Chyc Cabas satchel.
Jolie's engagement to Pitt was announced by the "Moneyball" actor's manager on April 13 afternoon. In a statement, Cynthia Pett-Dante said, "Yes, it's confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy." She added that no wedding date has been set just yet, but it was the actor who "designed the ring."
Jewelry designer Robert Procop, who helped Pitt in designing the ring, also confirmed it to The Hollywood Reporter. "Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration," he said. "He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina's hand."
One of "The View" hosts has since commented on Jolie and Pitt's engagement. On Monday morning, Barbara Walters said on the show, "Why are you engaged? You've been living together! You've got children! Get married already!" She added, "This is a couple with six children; they've been together for at least six years! The whole idea of getting engaged is you get to know each other and you decide if you really want to get married."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed