Angelina Jolie Spotted Out for First Time Since Engagement Announcement
All eyes are on Angelina Jolie and her engagement ring these days. On Monday, April 16, the "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director was spotted rocking her huge sparkler when stepping out in Hollywood for the first time since it was confirmed that she has finally gotten engaged to Brad Pitt.
At the time, the "Salt" actress was photographed stepping out of her car and heading into the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles. She wore a simple olive cotton square-neck dress that did little to hide her skinny frame, and teamed it up with a pair of beige peep-toe wedges, sunglasses and a grey YSL Chyc Cabas satchel.
Jolie's engagement to Pitt was announced by the "Moneyball" actor's manager on April 13 afternoon. In a statement, Cynthia Pett-Dante said, "Yes, it's confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy." She added that no wedding date has been set just yet, but it was the actor who "designed the ring."
Jewelry designer Robert Procop, who helped Pitt in designing the ring, also confirmed it to The Hollywood Reporter. "Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration," he said. "He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina's hand."
One of "The View" hosts has since commented on Jolie and Pitt's engagement. On Monday morning, Barbara Walters said on the show, "Why are you engaged? You've been living together! You've got children! Get married already!" She added, "This is a couple with six children; they've been together for at least six years! The whole idea of getting engaged is you get to know each other and you decide if you really want to get married."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked