Brad Pitt Is Officially Engaged to Angelina Jolie, Designs Her Diamond Ring
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally taking their relationship a step further after seven years together. Shortly after The Hollywood Reporter (THR) claimed that the sparkler Jolie was seen wearing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) was an engagement ring, Pitt's manager confirmed the happy news.
On Friday, April 13 afternoon, Cynthia Pett-Dante said in a statement that the Hollywood power couple are indeed engaged. "Yes, it's confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy," she told the press, adding that no wedding date has been set just yet. The manager added that it was the "Moneyball" actor who "designed the ring."
Pitt collaborated with jewelry designer Robert Procop to make the engagement ring. Procop himself told THR, "Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration. He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina's hand."
The jewelry designer went on to dish, "Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality."
Jolie herself was photographed sporting the huge rock on Wednesday, April 11 night. At the time, the "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director checked out LACMA's Chinese Galleries with Pitt and their 8-year-old son, Pax. The pair has five other children together, 10-year-old Maddox, 7-year-old Zahara, 5-year-old Shiloh and 3-year-old Knox and Vivienne.
Back in January, Pitt admitted that their six children put the pressure on them to make it official. In an interview on "CBS Morning News", he told Lee Cowan, "We're getting a lot of pressure from the kids. It means something to them." He added at the time, "We will [get married] someday, we will. It's a great idea. 'Get mommy a ring.' 'Okay, I will, I will.' "
More Brad Pitt News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video