Brad Pitt Is Officially Engaged to Angelina Jolie, Designs Her Diamond Ring
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are finally taking their relationship a step further after seven years together. Shortly after The Hollywood Reporter (THR) claimed that the sparkler Jolie was seen wearing at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) was an engagement ring, Pitt's manager confirmed the happy news.
On Friday, April 13 afternoon, Cynthia Pett-Dante said in a statement that the Hollywood power couple are indeed engaged. "Yes, it's confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy," she told the press, adding that no wedding date has been set just yet. The manager added that it was the "Moneyball" actor who "designed the ring."
Pitt collaborated with jewelry designer Robert Procop to make the engagement ring. Procop himself told THR, "Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration. He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina's hand."
The jewelry designer went on to dish, "Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality."
Jolie herself was photographed sporting the huge rock on Wednesday, April 11 night. At the time, the "In the Land of Blood and Honey" director checked out LACMA's Chinese Galleries with Pitt and their 8-year-old son, Pax. The pair has five other children together, 10-year-old Maddox, 7-year-old Zahara, 5-year-old Shiloh and 3-year-old Knox and Vivienne.
Back in January, Pitt admitted that their six children put the pressure on them to make it official. In an interview on "CBS Morning News", he told Lee Cowan, "We're getting a lot of pressure from the kids. It means something to them." He added at the time, "We will [get married] someday, we will. It's a great idea. 'Get mommy a ring.' 'Okay, I will, I will.' "
More Brad Pitt News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?