Lady GaGa Slammed by Eating Disorder Group for 'Pop Singers Don't Eat' Tweet
Lady GaGa has landed on the hot water because of one of the tweets she recently posted. The Mother Monster has been criticized after writing on Tuesday, April 10, "Just killed back to back spin classes. Eating a salad dreaming of a cheeseburger #PopSingersDontEat #IWasBornThisWay."
Though she was likely joking with the tweet, the statement drew negative response since it sounds like she's supporting eating disorder. The National Eating Disorder Association posted on its Twitter account, "Huh? This is the same person who recently implored girls to stop dieting?"
Other Twitter users also slammed the "You and I" hitmaker. "Seriously what is Lady Gaga playing at? In her last tweet she put #PopSingersDontEat. Great role model she is..," one tweep wrote, while another added, "@ladygaga I'm stunned that you would promote such an unhealthy attitude towards food to your fans when you claim to be so righteous."
Some other responses to GaGa's statement were, "Why would you even promote a message like that? Disgusting that you'd joke about such a serious illness," and, "I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if not... Wow, that's an awful example you're setting."
The 26-year-old singer has not spoken up regarding the controversy caused by her tweet. Back in February, she admitted that she had been bulimic in high school, and had been obsessed with being a "skinny little ballerina."
The avid supporter of LGBT group was urging girls to cultivate a healthy body image, stating, "The dieting wars have got to stop. Everyone just knock it off. Because at the end of the day, it's affecting kids your age - and it's making girls sick."
More Lady GaGa News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce