Disgraced Miss USA Rima Fakih Received Plea Deal
Miss USA Rima Fakih stood trial on Wednesday, April 11 for her DUI case following her arrest in Detroit on December 3, 2011 morning. She pled no contest to misdemeanor driving while visibly impaired and struck a deal with the Michigan prosecutors to drop the charges.
However, a no contest plea is treated as admission of guilt which will contribute to her sentencing, scheduled to take place on May 9. If found guilty, she faces a maximum of 93 days in jail. After the Wednesday trial, Fakih released a statement saying, "You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on. I'm very happy I can put this behind me."
Fakih's original charges are drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container of alcohol, all misdemeanors. Upon her arrest, police said that Fakih did not admit to drinking that night but was disoriented and slurring her speech. When tested, her blood alcohol level was more than the twice the legal limit. There was reportedly a half-empty bottle of wine on the floorboard behind the driver's seat.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'