Disgraced Miss USA Rima Fakih Received Plea Deal
Miss USA Rima Fakih stood trial on Wednesday, April 11 for her DUI case following her arrest in Detroit on December 3, 2011 morning. She pled no contest to misdemeanor driving while visibly impaired and struck a deal with the Michigan prosecutors to drop the charges.
However, a no contest plea is treated as admission of guilt which will contribute to her sentencing, scheduled to take place on May 9. If found guilty, she faces a maximum of 93 days in jail. After the Wednesday trial, Fakih released a statement saying, "You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on. I'm very happy I can put this behind me."
Fakih's original charges are drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container of alcohol, all misdemeanors. Upon her arrest, police said that Fakih did not admit to drinking that night but was disoriented and slurring her speech. When tested, her blood alcohol level was more than the twice the legal limit. There was reportedly a half-empty bottle of wine on the floorboard behind the driver's seat.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy