Disgraced Miss USA Rima Fakih Received Plea Deal
Miss USA Rima Fakih stood trial on Wednesday, April 11 for her DUI case following her arrest in Detroit on December 3, 2011 morning. She pled no contest to misdemeanor driving while visibly impaired and struck a deal with the Michigan prosecutors to drop the charges.
However, a no contest plea is treated as admission of guilt which will contribute to her sentencing, scheduled to take place on May 9. If found guilty, she faces a maximum of 93 days in jail. After the Wednesday trial, Fakih released a statement saying, "You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on. I'm very happy I can put this behind me."
Fakih's original charges are drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container of alcohol, all misdemeanors. Upon her arrest, police said that Fakih did not admit to drinking that night but was disoriented and slurring her speech. When tested, her blood alcohol level was more than the twice the legal limit. There was reportedly a half-empty bottle of wine on the floorboard behind the driver's seat.
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen