Disgraced Miss USA Rima Fakih Received Plea Deal
Miss USA Rima Fakih stood trial on Wednesday, April 11 for her DUI case following her arrest in Detroit on December 3, 2011 morning. She pled no contest to misdemeanor driving while visibly impaired and struck a deal with the Michigan prosecutors to drop the charges.
However, a no contest plea is treated as admission of guilt which will contribute to her sentencing, scheduled to take place on May 9. If found guilty, she faces a maximum of 93 days in jail. After the Wednesday trial, Fakih released a statement saying, "You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on. I'm very happy I can put this behind me."
Fakih's original charges are drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container of alcohol, all misdemeanors. Upon her arrest, police said that Fakih did not admit to drinking that night but was disoriented and slurring her speech. When tested, her blood alcohol level was more than the twice the legal limit. There was reportedly a half-empty bottle of wine on the floorboard behind the driver's seat.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'