Disgraced Miss USA Rima Fakih Received Plea Deal
Miss USA Rima Fakih stood trial on Wednesday, April 11 for her DUI case following her arrest in Detroit on December 3, 2011 morning. She pled no contest to misdemeanor driving while visibly impaired and struck a deal with the Michigan prosecutors to drop the charges.
However, a no contest plea is treated as admission of guilt which will contribute to her sentencing, scheduled to take place on May 9. If found guilty, she faces a maximum of 93 days in jail. After the Wednesday trial, Fakih released a statement saying, "You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on. I'm very happy I can put this behind me."
Fakih's original charges are drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container of alcohol, all misdemeanors. Upon her arrest, police said that Fakih did not admit to drinking that night but was disoriented and slurring her speech. When tested, her blood alcohol level was more than the twice the legal limit. There was reportedly a half-empty bottle of wine on the floorboard behind the driver's seat.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant