Angelina Jolie Eyeing Role in Ridley Scott's Thriller 'The Counselor'
After her long-time partner Brad Pitt expressed his interest to tackle a minor role in Ridley Scott's "The Counselor", Angelina Jolie is reportedly also circling a part in the high-end thriller. Per Vulture, the "Salt" actress is entering a negotiation to take a small role in the upcoming film.
Details of what character Jolie is eyeing to play are still unclear. It is possible for the A-lister to join Scott's project given that she will not begin filming her latest film, "Maleficent", until late June or early July. Scott himself has scheduled a June start date for his new movie.
Just a few weeks ago, Twitch broke the news that Jolie's partner Pitt has booked an appointment with the veteran English filmmaker to discuss a minor role in "Counselor". Words are, Pitt is eyeing a character named Westray, who is a business associate of the titular counselor. Pitt was initially put in the mix along with Jeremy Renner and Javier Bardem to play the major villain.
"The Counselor", which is described as " 'No Country for Old Men' on steroids", follows a respected lawyer who thinks he can dip a toe in to the drug business without getting sucked down. It is a bad decision and he tries his best to survive it and get out of the desperate situation.
Michael Fassbender, who also worked with Scott in upcoming "Prometheus", has been tapped to star as the male lead. Meanwhile, Pulitzer and Oscar winner Cormac McCarthy has written the original screenplay for the thriller.
This forthcoming movie still hasn't found a major studio to develop it. However, insiders revealed that 20th Century Fox is currently in active disscussions to distribute and possibly co-finance the film.
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money