'Captain America' Sequel Release Date and Plot Revealed
Marvel Studios and parent company Disney came with an announcement on Thursday, April 5 that "Captain America: The First Avenger" sequel is scheduled to be released on April 4, 2014. The untitled Captain America sequel will pick up where "The Avengers" left off.
The first movie tells the story of how a scrawny soldier named Steve Rogers turns into a super-soldier through chemical experiment. At the end of the movie, he was frozen for nearly seven decades until he woke up in present-day New York City. He was then approached by S.H.I.E.L.D's head Nick Fury to come and join the world's band of super-heroes, a story which will be told in the May 4 release of "The Avengers".
In its announcement, Marvel said that "Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world." This only means that Samuel L. Jackson's Fury can be expected to have a big role in the second film.
Just last week, there was a rumor that Anthony and Joseph Russo, who helm TV series "Community", would be the directors. "The Adjustment Bureau" director George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray also emerged as candidates. Decision is due to be made in mid April.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie