'Captain America' Sequel Release Date and Plot Revealed
Marvel Studios and parent company Disney came with an announcement on Thursday, April 5 that "Captain America: The First Avenger" sequel is scheduled to be released on April 4, 2014. The untitled Captain America sequel will pick up where "The Avengers" left off.
The first movie tells the story of how a scrawny soldier named Steve Rogers turns into a super-soldier through chemical experiment. At the end of the movie, he was frozen for nearly seven decades until he woke up in present-day New York City. He was then approached by S.H.I.E.L.D's head Nick Fury to come and join the world's band of super-heroes, a story which will be told in the May 4 release of "The Avengers".
In its announcement, Marvel said that "Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world." This only means that Samuel L. Jackson's Fury can be expected to have a big role in the second film.
Just last week, there was a rumor that Anthony and Joseph Russo, who helm TV series "Community", would be the directors. "The Adjustment Bureau" director George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray also emerged as candidates. Decision is due to be made in mid April.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign