'Captain America' Sequel Release Date and Plot Revealed
Marvel Studios and parent company Disney came with an announcement on Thursday, April 5 that "Captain America: The First Avenger" sequel is scheduled to be released on April 4, 2014. The untitled Captain America sequel will pick up where "The Avengers" left off.
The first movie tells the story of how a scrawny soldier named Steve Rogers turns into a super-soldier through chemical experiment. At the end of the movie, he was frozen for nearly seven decades until he woke up in present-day New York City. He was then approached by S.H.I.E.L.D's head Nick Fury to come and join the world's band of super-heroes, a story which will be told in the May 4 release of "The Avengers".
In its announcement, Marvel said that "Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world." This only means that Samuel L. Jackson's Fury can be expected to have a big role in the second film.
Just last week, there was a rumor that Anthony and Joseph Russo, who helm TV series "Community", would be the directors. "The Adjustment Bureau" director George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray also emerged as candidates. Decision is due to be made in mid April.
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard