'Captain America' Sequel Release Date and Plot Revealed
Marvel Studios and parent company Disney came with an announcement on Thursday, April 5 that "Captain America: The First Avenger" sequel is scheduled to be released on April 4, 2014. The untitled Captain America sequel will pick up where "The Avengers" left off.
The first movie tells the story of how a scrawny soldier named Steve Rogers turns into a super-soldier through chemical experiment. At the end of the movie, he was frozen for nearly seven decades until he woke up in present-day New York City. He was then approached by S.H.I.E.L.D's head Nick Fury to come and join the world's band of super-heroes, a story which will be told in the May 4 release of "The Avengers".
In its announcement, Marvel said that "Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world." This only means that Samuel L. Jackson's Fury can be expected to have a big role in the second film.
Just last week, there was a rumor that Anthony and Joseph Russo, who helm TV series "Community", would be the directors. "The Adjustment Bureau" director George Nolfi and "The Italian Job" filmmaker F. Gary Gray also emerged as candidates. Decision is due to be made in mid April.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'