Robert Downey Jr. to Be Big-City Lawyer in David Dobkin's 'The Judge'
Robert Downey Jr. is set to take off his Iron Man armor to portray a lawyer in his upcoming film. Deadline reported that the Oscar-nominated actor is developing a dramedy called "The Judge", in which he has tapped "Wedding Crashers" director David Dobkin to work behind the lens.
The movie itself follows a big-city attorney who comes back home following the death of his mother. He later finds out that his estranged father, a judge who suffers from Alzheimer, is suspected of murder. Along his way to discover the truth, the lawyer reconnects with the family he had left years before.
"The Judge" will be re-written by Bill Dubuque, who replaces Nick Schenk as the screenwriter. Downey Jr. himself will also produce the film along with his wife Susan and director Dobkin. No start date has been announced as the film still hasn't cast any other actors to join the "Sherlock Holmes" star.
In addition to this dramedy, Downey Jr. already has a number of big projects on his plate. Soon after the May 4 release of "The Avengers", the New York-born actor is scheduled to shoot "Iron Man 3". He has also been rumored to be teaming up with Tim Burton in "Pinocchio (2013)". His other upcoming films are "Inherent Vice" and "Perry Mason" reboot.
As for Dobkin, the "Shanghai Knights" helmer will next be directing and writing "Arthur & Lancelot", which has already tapped Joel Kinnaman and Gary Oldman.
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party