'Two and a Half Men' Co-Creator Says Sorry for Making 'Stupid' Jokes About Women
Lee Aronsohn showed his remorse after making anti-women remarks at the Toronto Screenwriting Conference. Taking it to his Twitter page, the co-creator of "Two and a Half Men" admitted, "Yes, yes - it was a stupid joke. I'm sorry."
Before posting this tweet, however, the television producer wrote what seems to be not-so-apologetic message. According to The New York Times, he said, "Women, please look up 'irony'," and claimed that he has "made a career out of" jokes about the male anatomy even as he was "complaining about vaginas." These tweets no longer appear on his Twitter page.
Aronsohn received backlash after saying at the Sunday, April 1 event, "We're approaching peak vagina on television, the point of labia saturation," when commenting about this season's female-driven comedies. Seemingly not a fan of this kind of shows, he said, "Enough, ladies. I get it. You have periods."
The 59-year-old writer additionally suggested that women were to blame for the problems of the main characters on "Two and a Half Men". He stated, "We're centering the show on two very damaged men. What makes men damaged? Sorry, it's women. I never got my heart broken by a man."
"Raising Hope" star Martha Plimpton has since expressed her anger at Aronsohn's remarks. "Um, Lee, women are 51% of the population & a coveted demographic for advertisers. What are you thinking?" so the Emmy-nominated actress tweeted.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'