'Two and a Half Men' Co-Creator Says Sorry for Making 'Stupid' Jokes About Women
Lee Aronsohn showed his remorse after making anti-women remarks at the Toronto Screenwriting Conference. Taking it to his Twitter page, the co-creator of "Two and a Half Men" admitted, "Yes, yes - it was a stupid joke. I'm sorry."
Before posting this tweet, however, the television producer wrote what seems to be not-so-apologetic message. According to The New York Times, he said, "Women, please look up 'irony'," and claimed that he has "made a career out of" jokes about the male anatomy even as he was "complaining about vaginas." These tweets no longer appear on his Twitter page.
Aronsohn received backlash after saying at the Sunday, April 1 event, "We're approaching peak vagina on television, the point of labia saturation," when commenting about this season's female-driven comedies. Seemingly not a fan of this kind of shows, he said, "Enough, ladies. I get it. You have periods."
The 59-year-old writer additionally suggested that women were to blame for the problems of the main characters on "Two and a Half Men". He stated, "We're centering the show on two very damaged men. What makes men damaged? Sorry, it's women. I never got my heart broken by a man."
"Raising Hope" star Martha Plimpton has since expressed her anger at Aronsohn's remarks. "Um, Lee, women are 51% of the population & a coveted demographic for advertisers. What are you thinking?" so the Emmy-nominated actress tweeted.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2