'Twilight Saga's Eclipse' Helmer David Slade Set to Direct NBC's 'Hannibal'
David Slade has been hired to tackle the helming duty for the first episode of NBC's "Hannibal". The British film director, who has directed an episode of "Breaking Bad" and the pilot for "Awake", will also serve as an executive producer for the new show's pilot.
The Peacock picked up "Hannibal" from Bryan Fuller straight to series with a 13-episode order. The show will focus on FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter, who are "re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship."
Hugh Dancy, who recently recurred on Showtime's "The Big C", is on board to play Graham. The title character, however, is yet to be cast.
Slade's feature film credits include directing "Hard Candy", "30 Days of Night" and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse". He most recently directed the pilot for Lifetime's drama "American Housewife".
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift