Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal to Mentor 'American Idol' Top 8 Contestants
Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal will lend a helping hand on "American Idol". The lead singer and the bassist of No Doubt are confirmed to serve as mentors for the eight remaining contestants of the singing competition, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Stefani and Kanal are going to assist DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone to prepare for their performances on April 4. Theme for the next performances is "songs of the 80s."
The recruitment of the No Doubt members couldn't be more appropriate since the band once scored a hit with their cover version of Talk Talk's 1985 single "It's My Life". Coincidentally, the group are signed to this season's mentor Jimmy Iovine's Interscope Records, and currently preparing a new album.
After the performance night, "Idol" will cut down one more contestant to get its top 7. In a result show that airs April 5, The Wanted are scheduled to perform their chart-busting single "Glad You Came", while Jennifer Lopez is set to premiere her "Dance Again" music video.
More Gwen Stefani News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes