Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal to Mentor 'American Idol' Top 8 Contestants
Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal will lend a helping hand on "American Idol". The lead singer and the bassist of No Doubt are confirmed to serve as mentors for the eight remaining contestants of the singing competition, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Stefani and Kanal are going to assist DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Elise Testone to prepare for their performances on April 4. Theme for the next performances is "songs of the 80s."
The recruitment of the No Doubt members couldn't be more appropriate since the band once scored a hit with their cover version of Talk Talk's 1985 single "It's My Life". Coincidentally, the group are signed to this season's mentor Jimmy Iovine's Interscope Records, and currently preparing a new album.
After the performance night, "Idol" will cut down one more contestant to get its top 7. In a result show that airs April 5, The Wanted are scheduled to perform their chart-busting single "Glad You Came", while Jennifer Lopez is set to premiere her "Dance Again" music video.
More Gwen Stefani News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch