Alicia Silverstone Gets Mixed Reactions for Feeding Her Son Like a Bird
Alicia Silverstone has drawn mixed reactions for her recent revelation on how she feeds her baby boy. The 35-year-old actress recently shared the story of her mealtime routine with Bear Blu on her health food website, TheKindLife.com. Along with it, she posted a video that sees her pre-chewing the 10-month-old's food before spitting it into his mouth.
"I fed Bear the mochi and a tiny bit of veggies from the soup...from my mouth to his. It's his favorite...and mine. He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I'm eating," wrote the former "Clueless" star on the post. She went on to detail, "This video was taken about a month or 2 ago when he was a bit wobbly. Now he is grabbing my mouth to get the food!"
Most of her fans commenting on the blog post gave positive reaction. "I had never thought of this before but it's the cutest way of feeding your baby! I have a 7 month old and I think I will try this method," one wrote. Another said, "I think this approach to feeding them is so cool. Alicia, you are amazing. To raise your little guy the way you want to and not care what anyone thinks, I applaud you."
Some others, however, didn't share similar sentiment. "I do not think this is a healthy way to feed your child. Children should learn to eat with a spoon. We are not birds, we are humans," another fan commented. "What is gonna happen when he gets a little older and see's someone eating, it would be quite embarrassing for Bear to go to them and try to eat the food they are already eating."
Certified Nutrition Specialist J.J. Virgin also weighed in, telling Fox News, "Sounds like she is taking eating like a bird to the extreme." The star of TLC's "Freaky Eaters" added, "While this could help predigest some of it as we start carbohydrate digestion in the mouth it could also pass along any bad oral bacteria she has too. I think a food processor and a spoon are a better bet!"
Another one who found the feeding method odd was Mira Jacob. The deputy editor of parenting site Babble.com said, "A lot of moms chew a portion of their baby's food; it's often a very natural transition. But this just looks really funny, like Alicia is making out with her son. There is nothing terribly wrong with it, it just looks really weird."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes