Aziz Ansari Offers New Stand-Up Special Online for $5, Releases a Preview
Aziz Ansari follows in the footsteps of Louis C.K. by selling his comedy special online. The "30 Minutes or Less" actor's material on his "Dangerously Delicious" tour is now available for streaming or download on his own website with only $5.
The stand-up was filmed at the Warner Theatre in DC in June of 2011. Explaining his decision to offer the comedy special straight to fans, he states on his Tumblr blog, "I paid for the production myself and wanted to release it online."
"While I was trying to figure out the proper method of release, my friend and hilarious comedian Louis CK did his whole thing and it seemed to me that people really liked that model, so that was the route I decided to go."
To tease fans, the Tom Haverford of "Parks and Recreation" has shared a free preview to "Dangerously Delicious". The comedian additionally notes that the material is not the same as the one which will be seen on his upcoming "Buried Alive" tour.
Louis C.K. has previously proven that selling a stand-up special directly to fans is a profitable method. The "Louie" star has earned more than $1 million after selling "Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theater" online in December last year.
"Dangerously Delicious" preview:
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie