Aziz Ansari Offers New Stand-Up Special Online for $5, Releases a Preview
Aziz Ansari follows in the footsteps of Louis C.K. by selling his comedy special online. The "30 Minutes or Less" actor's material on his "Dangerously Delicious" tour is now available for streaming or download on his own website with only $5.
The stand-up was filmed at the Warner Theatre in DC in June of 2011. Explaining his decision to offer the comedy special straight to fans, he states on his Tumblr blog, "I paid for the production myself and wanted to release it online."
"While I was trying to figure out the proper method of release, my friend and hilarious comedian Louis CK did his whole thing and it seemed to me that people really liked that model, so that was the route I decided to go."
To tease fans, the Tom Haverford of "Parks and Recreation" has shared a free preview to "Dangerously Delicious". The comedian additionally notes that the material is not the same as the one which will be seen on his upcoming "Buried Alive" tour.
Louis C.K. has previously proven that selling a stand-up special directly to fans is a profitable method. The "Louie" star has earned more than $1 million after selling "Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theater" online in December last year.
"Dangerously Delicious" preview:
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen