Aziz Ansari Offers New Stand-Up Special Online for $5, Releases a Preview
Aziz Ansari follows in the footsteps of Louis C.K. by selling his comedy special online. The "30 Minutes or Less" actor's material on his "Dangerously Delicious" tour is now available for streaming or download on his own website with only $5.
The stand-up was filmed at the Warner Theatre in DC in June of 2011. Explaining his decision to offer the comedy special straight to fans, he states on his Tumblr blog, "I paid for the production myself and wanted to release it online."
"While I was trying to figure out the proper method of release, my friend and hilarious comedian Louis CK did his whole thing and it seemed to me that people really liked that model, so that was the route I decided to go."
To tease fans, the Tom Haverford of "Parks and Recreation" has shared a free preview to "Dangerously Delicious". The comedian additionally notes that the material is not the same as the one which will be seen on his upcoming "Buried Alive" tour.
Louis C.K. has previously proven that selling a stand-up special directly to fans is a profitable method. The "Louie" star has earned more than $1 million after selling "Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theater" online in December last year.
"Dangerously Delicious" preview:
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet