Aziz Ansari Offers New Stand-Up Special Online for $5, Releases a Preview
Aziz Ansari follows in the footsteps of Louis C.K. by selling his comedy special online. The "30 Minutes or Less" actor's material on his "Dangerously Delicious" tour is now available for streaming or download on his own website with only $5.
The stand-up was filmed at the Warner Theatre in DC in June of 2011. Explaining his decision to offer the comedy special straight to fans, he states on his Tumblr blog, "I paid for the production myself and wanted to release it online."
"While I was trying to figure out the proper method of release, my friend and hilarious comedian Louis CK did his whole thing and it seemed to me that people really liked that model, so that was the route I decided to go."
To tease fans, the Tom Haverford of "Parks and Recreation" has shared a free preview to "Dangerously Delicious". The comedian additionally notes that the material is not the same as the one which will be seen on his upcoming "Buried Alive" tour.
Louis C.K. has previously proven that selling a stand-up special directly to fans is a profitable method. The "Louie" star has earned more than $1 million after selling "Louis C.K.: Live at the Beacon Theater" online in December last year.
"Dangerously Delicious" preview:
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?