'Pretty Little Liars' Season 2 Finale Is the Show's Second Most-Watched Episode
Perhaps triggered by the curiosity to find out who "A" is, 3.7 million viewers tuned in the season 2 finale of "Pretty Little Liars". The number marked the second biggest audience for the franchise, placing behind "Moments Later", the eleventh episode of season 1 which aired in January 2011.
The March 19 outing titled "unmAsked" also posted series highs in several key demographics, which are adults 18-34 (1.6 million), adults 18-49 (2 million) and women 18-49 (1.7 million). In women 18-34 demo, the said episode was ranked as ABC Family's number one telecast of all time with 1.3 million viewers.
As if it's not impressive enough, the season ender generated the most social media buzz for any regularly scheduled series in the history of television, according to SocialGuide. It received 32,000 tweets per minute at its peak, a total of 645,000 for the hour and nearly 1.6 million over the course of Monday's all day catch-up marathon.
Jenn Deering Davis, the Founder of TweetReach, gushed, "We've been tracking tweets about television shows and events for several years, and this is one of the biggest hours of TV on Twitter we've ever seen."
"Pretty Little Liars" will return for its third season on Tuesday, June 5 at 8 P.M. on ABC Family. Janel Parrish will be upped to a series regular following the revelation that [SPOILER ALERT!] her character Mona is actually "A", the person who has been blackmailing the Liars.
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers