'Pretty Little Liars' Season 2 Finale Is the Show's Second Most-Watched Episode
Perhaps triggered by the curiosity to find out who "A" is, 3.7 million viewers tuned in the season 2 finale of "Pretty Little Liars". The number marked the second biggest audience for the franchise, placing behind "Moments Later", the eleventh episode of season 1 which aired in January 2011.
The March 19 outing titled "unmAsked" also posted series highs in several key demographics, which are adults 18-34 (1.6 million), adults 18-49 (2 million) and women 18-49 (1.7 million). In women 18-34 demo, the said episode was ranked as ABC Family's number one telecast of all time with 1.3 million viewers.
As if it's not impressive enough, the season ender generated the most social media buzz for any regularly scheduled series in the history of television, according to SocialGuide. It received 32,000 tweets per minute at its peak, a total of 645,000 for the hour and nearly 1.6 million over the course of Monday's all day catch-up marathon.
Jenn Deering Davis, the Founder of TweetReach, gushed, "We've been tracking tweets about television shows and events for several years, and this is one of the biggest hours of TV on Twitter we've ever seen."
"Pretty Little Liars" will return for its third season on Tuesday, June 5 at 8 P.M. on ABC Family. Janel Parrish will be upped to a series regular following the revelation that [SPOILER ALERT!] her character Mona is actually "A", the person who has been blackmailing the Liars.
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App