Darren Criss Turns Down 'X Factor' Hosting Gig Because of Busy Schedule
Darren Criss was wanted to join the second season of "The X Factor (US)", so E! Online reported. The star of Broadway play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" has allegedly been offered a hosting gig on the Simon Cowell-created reality show, but he "politely declined the gig," a source said.
"They were after him," a so-called insider on the show revealed. His busy schedule was said to have prevented him from taking the job with the insider claiming, "There's no way he could have done it with everything he has going on."
Criss is currently starring as Blaine Anderson on "Glee". He was upped to a regular in season 3 after recurring in season 2. He has additionally appeared as a guest mentor on "The Glee Project" season 1.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will feature two co-hosts after firing first season's host Steve Jones. The show is additionally looking for two new judges to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2