Darren Criss Turns Down 'X Factor' Hosting Gig Because of Busy Schedule
Darren Criss was wanted to join the second season of "The X Factor (US)", so E! Online reported. The star of Broadway play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" has allegedly been offered a hosting gig on the Simon Cowell-created reality show, but he "politely declined the gig," a source said.
"They were after him," a so-called insider on the show revealed. His busy schedule was said to have prevented him from taking the job with the insider claiming, "There's no way he could have done it with everything he has going on."
Criss is currently starring as Blaine Anderson on "Glee". He was upped to a regular in season 3 after recurring in season 2. He has additionally appeared as a guest mentor on "The Glee Project" season 1.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will feature two co-hosts after firing first season's host Steve Jones. The show is additionally looking for two new judges to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna