Darren Criss Turns Down 'X Factor' Hosting Gig Because of Busy Schedule
Darren Criss was wanted to join the second season of "The X Factor (US)", so E! Online reported. The star of Broadway play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" has allegedly been offered a hosting gig on the Simon Cowell-created reality show, but he "politely declined the gig," a source said.
"They were after him," a so-called insider on the show revealed. His busy schedule was said to have prevented him from taking the job with the insider claiming, "There's no way he could have done it with everything he has going on."
Criss is currently starring as Blaine Anderson on "Glee". He was upped to a regular in season 3 after recurring in season 2. He has additionally appeared as a guest mentor on "The Glee Project" season 1.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will feature two co-hosts after firing first season's host Steve Jones. The show is additionally looking for two new judges to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion