Darren Criss Turns Down 'X Factor' Hosting Gig Because of Busy Schedule
Darren Criss was wanted to join the second season of "The X Factor (US)", so E! Online reported. The star of Broadway play "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" has allegedly been offered a hosting gig on the Simon Cowell-created reality show, but he "politely declined the gig," a source said.
"They were after him," a so-called insider on the show revealed. His busy schedule was said to have prevented him from taking the job with the insider claiming, "There's no way he could have done it with everything he has going on."
Criss is currently starring as Blaine Anderson on "Glee". He was upped to a regular in season 3 after recurring in season 2. He has additionally appeared as a guest mentor on "The Glee Project" season 1.
The U.S. version of "The X Factor" will feature two co-hosts after firing first season's host Steve Jones. The show is additionally looking for two new judges to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift