Emma Roberts to Be Liam Hemsworth's Girlfriend in 'Empire State'
After deciding to exit "Spring Breakers", Emma Roberts has chosen to star in a heist drama instead. The "Scream 4" actress has been cast in true story movie, "Empire State", where she is set to play Liam Hemsworth's love interest.
Variety reported that Roberts' character works as a waitress. In addition to playing opposite Hemsworth, the niece of veteran actress Julia Roberts is set to join Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
"Empire State" itself is based on true events that happened back in 1982. The story follows two childhood friends from Astoria, New York, who plan to rob an armored car depository. Hemsworth will star as one of the two buddies, while Johnson will portray an NYPD detective who is tasked to bust the felon pair.
"The Son of No One" helmer, Dito Montiel, will serve as the director with Adam Mazer working to provide the screenplay. The filming has been scheduled to kick off this spring, but the release date still hasn't been announced.
Roberts was recently seen starring in Sundance dramas "The Art of Getting By" and "Celeste and Jesse Forever". Back in January, Roberts bailed out of "Spring Breakers" due to "creative differences that couldn't be resolved." She was at that time supposed to star opposite Vanessa Hudgens and Selena Gomez. The 21-year-old actress is currently busy shooting an indie pic called "Adult World", which also stars John Cusack and Evan Peters.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split