Emma Roberts Won't Star in 'Spring Breakers' With Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens
Emma Roberts will not be seen starring opposite Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens in "Spring Breakers". The 20-year-old actress has decided to bow out of the upcoming film, in which she was supposed to portray a Southerner brunette who feeds off danger.
Multiple sources revealed to Just Jared that the niece of veteran actress Julia Roberts had faced some creative differences that led her to pull out of the forthcoming Harmony Korine film project. "There were creative differences that couldn't be resolved," said the sources.
"Spring Breakers" tells the story of four college girls who rob fast food joint so they can afford to go on spring break in Florida. Gomez is cast as the most religious member of the gang, while Hudgens is set to star as another gang member. They are joined by James Franco who plays a drug and arms dealer who bails the girls out of jail and entices them to kill his rival.
Korine will work behind the lens and provide the script for the upcoming film. His wife, Rachel Korine, will tackle a supporting role along with "Glee" star Heather Morris. The movie is scheduled to begin shooting in Florida this spring, and is expected to make its way out into the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs