Adele Cancels ITV1's Music Special After Her BRITs Speech Was Cut Short
Adele is reportedly seeking revenge on ITV after she was interrupted when delivering her speech at the BRIT Awards recently. Rumor has it, the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker has bailed out of her scheduled appearance on ITV1's music special.
The British beauty, who won two kudos at the BRITs, is also rumored to have rejected an offer to appear on ITV's talent competition "The X Factor". According to the Daily Star, she plans to perform on rival show, BBC's "The Voice", instead.
"Adele was embarrassed by the way she was treated in front of millions of viewers by ITV," a source says. "By turning down a music special with the network and also appearing on its main rival's music show she is giving them the ultimate one-fingered salute."
There is no official word from ITV regarding the rumor, but bosses at the TV network allegedly are upset by the snubbing. "Adele is the biggest British name in music in the world at the moment and her refusal to work with ITV will hit them hard," the source testifies.
Adele was forced to cut short her speech when accepting a BRIT Award for Best British Album. "Can I just say, then, goodbye and I'll see you next time round?" she said to the crowd before flipping the bird to let everyone know that she's disappointed.
The network, through a representative, was quick to issue an apology for the inconvenience. "We don't want this to undermine her incredible achievement in winning our night's biggest award," the rep stated. "The Brits is a live event. Unfortunately the program was over running and we had to move on."
More Adele News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung