Adele Cancels ITV1's Music Special After Her BRITs Speech Was Cut Short
Adele is reportedly seeking revenge on ITV after she was interrupted when delivering her speech at the BRIT Awards recently. Rumor has it, the "Rolling in the Deep" hitmaker has bailed out of her scheduled appearance on ITV1's music special.
The British beauty, who won two kudos at the BRITs, is also rumored to have rejected an offer to appear on ITV's talent competition "The X Factor". According to the Daily Star, she plans to perform on rival show, BBC's "The Voice", instead.
"Adele was embarrassed by the way she was treated in front of millions of viewers by ITV," a source says. "By turning down a music special with the network and also appearing on its main rival's music show she is giving them the ultimate one-fingered salute."
There is no official word from ITV regarding the rumor, but bosses at the TV network allegedly are upset by the snubbing. "Adele is the biggest British name in music in the world at the moment and her refusal to work with ITV will hit them hard," the source testifies.
Adele was forced to cut short her speech when accepting a BRIT Award for Best British Album. "Can I just say, then, goodbye and I'll see you next time round?" she said to the crowd before flipping the bird to let everyone know that she's disappointed.
The network, through a representative, was quick to issue an apology for the inconvenience. "We don't want this to undermine her incredible achievement in winning our night's biggest award," the rep stated. "The Brits is a live event. Unfortunately the program was over running and we had to move on."
More Adele News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection