HBO Stands by 'Game Change' Despite Protests From Sarah Palin's Aides
HBO holds firmly to its decision to air "Game Change" amidst criticisms from Sarah Palin's camp. After current and former staffers of the one-time vice presidential candidate launched protests against the TV movie, the network has released a statement to say, "We stand by our movie and we hope that people will withhold any judgment until they have viewed the film."
" 'Game Change', the book, was applauded by audiences and pundits on both ends of the political spectrum when it was released in 2010," the network went on telling Entertainment Weekly. "The events depicted in 'Game Change' have been thoroughly sourced by not only Heilemann and Halperin's bestselling book, but also through our own research including extensive first person interviews with those involved with the campaign."
Current and former staffers of Palin have deemed "Game Change" inaccurate though they have not seen the movie yet. Ex-spokeswoman Meg Stapleton, who claimed she was not contacted in relation with the making of the film, said, "They don't want to hear anything good. We all know Palin sells and the dramatization of Palin sells even more. This is sick." She added, "They mock Gov. Palin, you mock Gov. Palin, as weak and unable to cope and press forward."
"Game Change" director Jay Roach had actually contacted Palin to have an interview with her, but the former Alaskan governor turned down the request. Though the actual person was not involved in the making, Roach defended that the movie "is not a caricature." Co-executive producer Danny Strong also said that the film portrays Palin "in a balanced light..., showing her strengths and weaknesses as the vice presidential candidate."
The made-for-TV movie is set to debut Sunday, March 10 on HBO. It features Julianne Moore as Palin, and Ed Harris as John McCain. Woody Harrelson is additionally cast in the role of McCain's campaign advisor Steve Schmidt.
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'