'Archer' Gets Season 4 Order, Debuts First Look at Bryan Cranston's Character
"Archer" has been officially renewed for a fourth season, so FX announced on Thursday, February 23. Beside greenlighting the animated espionage series, the cable channel has sealed a two-year overall production deal with the show's executive producers Adam Reed and Matt Thompson, as well as the duo's animation studio Floyd County Productions.
"It was an easy decision," FX EVP of original programming Nick Grad said of the renewal. "['Archer' executive producers Adam Reed and Matt Thompson] and our amazing voice cast are delivering one of the funniest and smartest shows on television. It has deservedly grown beyond its initial cult following to become both a critical and ratings success. It is a true asset to the FX comedy roster."
Reed and Thompson have also commented on the season 4 pick-up and the new deal. "We are insanely excited that FX Productions has committed to a multi-year deal for 'Archer' and Floyd County Productions," the former stated, while the latter chimed in, "I am over the moon excited about the trust and faith FX has placed in Floyd County Productions with this deal."
"Archer" is currently a few episodes away from the third season finale. "Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston will guest star in the two-part ender set on the International Space Station, which is scheduled to air on March 15 and 22.
The Walter White depicter on the AMC crime drama series will voice Commander Drake, an "earnest, conscientious astronaut fighting to quell a mutiny on the space platform." The first look at his character has just made its way out via Entertainment Weekly.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'