Nicki Minaj Defends Her Musical Exorcism at Grammy Awards
Nicki Minaj broke her silence on the complaint about her exorcism performance at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The femcee insisted that what she performed on the stage that Sunday night, February 12 was fictional.
"You know how people write plays and movies?" she said. "That's what I did. I wrote that and I gave the world a tiny little preview of what was to come. And so I have to perform it on the set in which it would be in the movie, right?"
The rapper furthermore stated that she didn't understand why people should make such a fuss about it. "I don't know what is the big issue?" she shrugged off the criticism when attending an event for Viva Glam MAC cosmetics recently.
Minaj came under fire from Catholic League. Its president Bill Donohue branded the exorcism theatrical show vulgar. He additionally blamed The Recording Academy for their "irresponsibility" of allowing the femcee to do such an offensive act.
She's also slammed by her rival Lil' Kim. In an interview with Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live", the "Magic Stick" rapper fueled their feud by bashing her. "[I am] pretty sure I feel the same way everybody else feels," she said.
In addition to blasting the Grammy performance, Kim also launched an attack on Minaj regarding her other song "Stupid H**". Commenting on the song which was allegedly meant as a diss record towards her, she fired back, "If you have to make a song called 'Stupid H**,' you must be a stupid h**."
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch