Nicki Minaj Defends Her Musical Exorcism at Grammy Awards
Nicki Minaj broke her silence on the complaint about her exorcism performance at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards. The femcee insisted that what she performed on the stage that Sunday night, February 12 was fictional.
"You know how people write plays and movies?" she said. "That's what I did. I wrote that and I gave the world a tiny little preview of what was to come. And so I have to perform it on the set in which it would be in the movie, right?"
The rapper furthermore stated that she didn't understand why people should make such a fuss about it. "I don't know what is the big issue?" she shrugged off the criticism when attending an event for Viva Glam MAC cosmetics recently.
Minaj came under fire from Catholic League. Its president Bill Donohue branded the exorcism theatrical show vulgar. He additionally blamed The Recording Academy for their "irresponsibility" of allowing the femcee to do such an offensive act.
She's also slammed by her rival Lil' Kim. In an interview with Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live", the "Magic Stick" rapper fueled their feud by bashing her. "[I am] pretty sure I feel the same way everybody else feels," she said.
In addition to blasting the Grammy performance, Kim also launched an attack on Minaj regarding her other song "Stupid H**". Commenting on the song which was allegedly meant as a diss record towards her, she fired back, "If you have to make a song called 'Stupid H**,' you must be a stupid h**."
More Nicki Minaj News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift