Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Performs Musical Exorcism of 'Roman Holiday'
Nicki Minaj reintroduced her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, during the 54th annual Grammy Awards in a creepy way. Introduced by her labelmate Drake, the femcee performed her new song "Roman Holiday". The spooky set opened with her sitting in a booth with a Pope-like man while rambling about "feeling pretty."
The scene switched to a taped scene where she has gone mad. The situation prompted an old woman who's in the house with her to call a Pope. Back at the Grammy, she's strapped to a table, but managed to escape the bound. The pope returned to recapture her as a haunting version of "Come All Ye Faithful" was sung by backing vocalists.
Nicki Minaj walked empty handed that night. She was up for Best New Artist, but lost it to Bon Iver. She additionally vied for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album, but had to give them up to Kanye West. The G.O.O.D Music rapper won the former category through his duet with Jay-Z in "Otis".
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert