Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Performs Musical Exorcism of 'Roman Holiday'
Nicki Minaj reintroduced her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, during the 54th annual Grammy Awards in a creepy way. Introduced by her labelmate Drake, the femcee performed her new song "Roman Holiday". The spooky set opened with her sitting in a booth with a Pope-like man while rambling about "feeling pretty."
The scene switched to a taped scene where she has gone mad. The situation prompted an old woman who's in the house with her to call a Pope. Back at the Grammy, she's strapped to a table, but managed to escape the bound. The pope returned to recapture her as a haunting version of "Come All Ye Faithful" was sung by backing vocalists.
Nicki Minaj walked empty handed that night. She was up for Best New Artist, but lost it to Bon Iver. She additionally vied for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album, but had to give them up to Kanye West. The G.O.O.D Music rapper won the former category through his duet with Jay-Z in "Otis".
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'