Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Performs Musical Exorcism of 'Roman Holiday'
Nicki Minaj reintroduced her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, during the 54th annual Grammy Awards in a creepy way. Introduced by her labelmate Drake, the femcee performed her new song "Roman Holiday". The spooky set opened with her sitting in a booth with a Pope-like man while rambling about "feeling pretty."
The scene switched to a taped scene where she has gone mad. The situation prompted an old woman who's in the house with her to call a Pope. Back at the Grammy, she's strapped to a table, but managed to escape the bound. The pope returned to recapture her as a haunting version of "Come All Ye Faithful" was sung by backing vocalists.
Nicki Minaj walked empty handed that night. She was up for Best New Artist, but lost it to Bon Iver. She additionally vied for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album, but had to give them up to Kanye West. The G.O.O.D Music rapper won the former category through his duet with Jay-Z in "Otis".
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!