Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Performs Musical Exorcism of 'Roman Holiday'
Nicki Minaj reintroduced her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, during the 54th annual Grammy Awards in a creepy way. Introduced by her labelmate Drake, the femcee performed her new song "Roman Holiday". The spooky set opened with her sitting in a booth with a Pope-like man while rambling about "feeling pretty."
The scene switched to a taped scene where she has gone mad. The situation prompted an old woman who's in the house with her to call a Pope. Back at the Grammy, she's strapped to a table, but managed to escape the bound. The pope returned to recapture her as a haunting version of "Come All Ye Faithful" was sung by backing vocalists.
Nicki Minaj walked empty handed that night. She was up for Best New Artist, but lost it to Bon Iver. She additionally vied for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album, but had to give them up to Kanye West. The G.O.O.D Music rapper won the former category through his duet with Jay-Z in "Otis".
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group