Grammys 2012: Nicki Minaj Performs Musical Exorcism of 'Roman Holiday'
Nicki Minaj reintroduced her alter ego, Roman Zolanski, during the 54th annual Grammy Awards in a creepy way. Introduced by her labelmate Drake, the femcee performed her new song "Roman Holiday". The spooky set opened with her sitting in a booth with a Pope-like man while rambling about "feeling pretty."
The scene switched to a taped scene where she has gone mad. The situation prompted an old woman who's in the house with her to call a Pope. Back at the Grammy, she's strapped to a table, but managed to escape the bound. The pope returned to recapture her as a haunting version of "Come All Ye Faithful" was sung by backing vocalists.
Nicki Minaj walked empty handed that night. She was up for Best New Artist, but lost it to Bon Iver. She additionally vied for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Album, but had to give them up to Kanye West. The G.O.O.D Music rapper won the former category through his duet with Jay-Z in "Otis".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media