Mother's Serious Illness Could've Forced Stephen Colbert to Halt Show Production
Since "The Colbert Report" abruptly canceled the taping for the rest of the week, people have been questioning the reason why. After it was said that a family illness might force the production delay, The Huffington Post now comes out with a detailed info, claiming to have heard from a source close to the show that it's Stephen Colbert's 91-year-old mother who is seriously ill.
Previously, "The Colbert Report" informed audience members about the production delay by sending an email read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled our taping for the date of your ticket reservation, Feb. 15, 2012. We are very sorry for any inconvenience." The show later announced that it would "air repeat episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, Feb. 16."
Pete Dominick, who writes for the Comedy Central late-night program, claimed he does not know why the taping was halted. "Yes I work at the Colbert Report and No I dont know why the show is off for 2 nights," so he tweeted. Colbert's Twitter feed does not offer any explanation on the circumstance as well.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?