Mother's Serious Illness Could've Forced Stephen Colbert to Halt Show Production
Since "The Colbert Report" abruptly canceled the taping for the rest of the week, people have been questioning the reason why. After it was said that a family illness might force the production delay, The Huffington Post now comes out with a detailed info, claiming to have heard from a source close to the show that it's Stephen Colbert's 91-year-old mother who is seriously ill.
Previously, "The Colbert Report" informed audience members about the production delay by sending an email read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled our taping for the date of your ticket reservation, Feb. 15, 2012. We are very sorry for any inconvenience." The show later announced that it would "air repeat episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, Feb. 16."
Pete Dominick, who writes for the Comedy Central late-night program, claimed he does not know why the taping was halted. "Yes I work at the Colbert Report and No I dont know why the show is off for 2 nights," so he tweeted. Colbert's Twitter feed does not offer any explanation on the circumstance as well.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon