Mother's Serious Illness Could've Forced Stephen Colbert to Halt Show Production
Since "The Colbert Report" abruptly canceled the taping for the rest of the week, people have been questioning the reason why. After it was said that a family illness might force the production delay, The Huffington Post now comes out with a detailed info, claiming to have heard from a source close to the show that it's Stephen Colbert's 91-year-old mother who is seriously ill.
Previously, "The Colbert Report" informed audience members about the production delay by sending an email read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled our taping for the date of your ticket reservation, Feb. 15, 2012. We are very sorry for any inconvenience." The show later announced that it would "air repeat episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, Feb. 16."
Pete Dominick, who writes for the Comedy Central late-night program, claimed he does not know why the taping was halted. "Yes I work at the Colbert Report and No I dont know why the show is off for 2 nights," so he tweeted. Colbert's Twitter feed does not offer any explanation on the circumstance as well.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms