Mother's Serious Illness Could've Forced Stephen Colbert to Halt Show Production
Since "The Colbert Report" abruptly canceled the taping for the rest of the week, people have been questioning the reason why. After it was said that a family illness might force the production delay, The Huffington Post now comes out with a detailed info, claiming to have heard from a source close to the show that it's Stephen Colbert's 91-year-old mother who is seriously ill.
Previously, "The Colbert Report" informed audience members about the production delay by sending an email read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled our taping for the date of your ticket reservation, Feb. 15, 2012. We are very sorry for any inconvenience." The show later announced that it would "air repeat episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, Feb. 16."
Pete Dominick, who writes for the Comedy Central late-night program, claimed he does not know why the taping was halted. "Yes I work at the Colbert Report and No I dont know why the show is off for 2 nights," so he tweeted. Colbert's Twitter feed does not offer any explanation on the circumstance as well.
More Stephen Colbert News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch