Mother's Serious Illness Could've Forced Stephen Colbert to Halt Show Production
Since "The Colbert Report" abruptly canceled the taping for the rest of the week, people have been questioning the reason why. After it was said that a family illness might force the production delay, The Huffington Post now comes out with a detailed info, claiming to have heard from a source close to the show that it's Stephen Colbert's 91-year-old mother who is seriously ill.
Previously, "The Colbert Report" informed audience members about the production delay by sending an email read, "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have canceled our taping for the date of your ticket reservation, Feb. 15, 2012. We are very sorry for any inconvenience." The show later announced that it would "air repeat episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 15, and Thursday, Feb. 16."
Pete Dominick, who writes for the Comedy Central late-night program, claimed he does not know why the taping was halted. "Yes I work at the Colbert Report and No I dont know why the show is off for 2 nights," so he tweeted. Colbert's Twitter feed does not offer any explanation on the circumstance as well.
More Stephen Colbert News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics