Warner Bros Sends Charlie Sheen and FX a Cease and Desist Letter
Warner Bros. is not happy that Charlie Sheen and his new TV show are using the images from his "Two and a Half Men" days. Through their lawyers, the studio has sent the actor, FX network and production company Debmar-Mercury a cease and desist letter to stop them from using WB-owned photos for "Anger Management".
According to THR, at least two photos of Sheen appeared in the promotional publication at the NATPE conference in Miami last month. One of the photos feature the actor posing on a motorcycle. FX reportedly only used these images because Sheen had not had the chance to shoot publicity photos due to his busy schedule.
WB considers this as copyright infringement. "That you are using Warner's intellectual property for a commercial purpose - namely, to sell another show - is especially egregious," studio lawyer Katherine Chilton wrote in the letter. "Please immediately cease and desist from using these photographs or any other intellectual property belonging to Warner."
It's likely that there will be no lengthy legal war in this case once Sheen takes his own publicity photos. "It won't happen again," a source told THR.
On another news, "Anger Management" has nabbed actress Daniela Bobadilla to join Selma Blair and Shawnee Smith as one of the women in Sheen's life. She is to play the 13-year-old obsessive-compulsive daughter of Sheen's unorthodox therapist and Smith's character.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory