'Transformers 4' Will Be a Reboot With Michael Bay Confirmed as Director
Details surrounding "Transformers 4" have been unraveled. In an interview with MTV News recently, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura confirmed that the next installment of the "Transformers" movie series would be a reboot and Michael Bay, who helmed the three previous movies, would return to the directing seat.
"Yeah Michael's gonna direct," Lorenzo spilled before revealing when the movie would likely to come out. "It'll be releasing in the summer of 2014." The producer furthermore gushed, "We're excited and I think the challenge there is we really are gonna do a reboot, and what that's gonna be we don't even know yet."
Talking further about the "reboot" project, Lorenzo shared that there would be a new story and new characters, but "there's still continuity that's going on." He stated, "It's not the way - I'm not involved with 'Spider-Man' but what I perceive 'Spider-Man' to be is a redoing of the whole thing, [Transformers 4] is not. It's an evolution."
Regarding the cast, Lorenzo said, "Whether there's anybody from the [original] cast, we don't even know yet." Though so, he confirmed if there are returning cast, Optimus and Bumblebee would definitely be among them. "The characters that would certainly come along would be Optimus and Bumblebee I'm sure," he assured.
In the meantime, he and Michael would focus on creating the story first. "No, it's so silly. We've gotta get a story first. You can't pick characters until you have a story," he said when being asked about the truth behind the rumors that they had already set their eyes on who would be the perfect replacement for Shia LaBeouf.
In addition to talking to MTV, Lorenzo has also had a chat with Coming Soon regarding their plan for the upcoming movie. "Michael and I are both the same in that we always like to top ourselves. That doesn't necessarily mean bigger. It can be bigger in places, it just means different, but we're going to push really hard as fresh and new as we can be," he shared.
He added, "Again, we're going to try to do a hybrid there where there will be some characters that come forward--we think, we're still in the process of figuring it out--and some characters that don't, but it will definitely be a different story."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding