Whitney Houston's Body Being Flown to New Jersey, Funeral Plans Underway
The body of Whitney Houston has reportedly been flown from Los Angeles to New Jersey by private plane. NBC New York reported the pop icon's remains will be given a police escort to Whigham Funeral Home upon its arrival on Monday, February 13 night, a day after an autopsy was completed.
In the meantime, funeral arrangements were reportedly being made. Words have swirled around that a wake is planned for Thursday, February 16, while a private family service is expected to be held on Friday, February 17 at the Prudential Center, an 18,000-seat arena in Newark, New Jersey.
Houston was found dead in a bathtub in her suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on Saturday, February 11, just hours before she was scheduled to make an appearance at Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy party. An autopsy to determine her cause of death was completed on Sunday, but results were placed on security hold, "pending toxicology and further testing."
Beverly Hills Police, however, did come out with new details about the circumstances surrounding Houston's sudden death on Monday. Lieutenant Mark Rosen confirmed that the "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker was found underwater and unconscious in the hotel bathtub Saturday afternoon.
"Ms. Houston was apparently discovered in the bathtub by a member of her personal staff," Rosen said. "Ms. Houston's body was pulled from the bathtub and when first responders arrived she was unconscious and unresponsive."
Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter also spoke to reporters on Monday, insisting that it is still too early to determine a cause of death. On questions whether drugs played a major role in the singer's death, he commented, "There weren't a lot of prescription bottles. You probably have just as many prescription bottles in your medicine cabinet."
More Whitney Houston News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival