Bobby Brown Broke Down on Stage Over Whitney Houston's Death
Bobby Brown shed some tears for his ex-wife Whitney Houston who died on Saturday, February 11 in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton hotel room. Brown performed and dedicated his entire concert for Houston at Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi, just hours after he was told that the mother of his child has passed away.
According to concertgoers, Brown cried onstage and had to stop several times to compose himself. "First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all. Second, I would like to say, I love you Whitney. The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage," Brown said as quoted by People magazine.
The crowd was reportedly very supportive of him. "Bobby sang for Whitney, and when he shed some tears the audience cheered him on," concertgoer Lagina Scott told People. "He was so awesome. He performed his heart out, even saying, 'I love you Whitney'." The concert with New Edition lasted 4 and a half hours as scheduled.
Lagina's husband Don added, "Bobby asked us to pray for his daughter and to pray for him. When he cried, I could feel the pain he was suffering, because he could not be with his daughter tonight, the time she needs him the most. I cried just watching Bobby speak."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes