Bobby Brown Broke Down on Stage Over Whitney Houston's Death
Bobby Brown shed some tears for his ex-wife Whitney Houston who died on Saturday, February 11 in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton hotel room. Brown performed and dedicated his entire concert for Houston at Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi, just hours after he was told that the mother of his child has passed away.
According to concertgoers, Brown cried onstage and had to stop several times to compose himself. "First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all. Second, I would like to say, I love you Whitney. The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage," Brown said as quoted by People magazine.
The crowd was reportedly very supportive of him. "Bobby sang for Whitney, and when he shed some tears the audience cheered him on," concertgoer Lagina Scott told People. "He was so awesome. He performed his heart out, even saying, 'I love you Whitney'." The concert with New Edition lasted 4 and a half hours as scheduled.
Lagina's husband Don added, "Bobby asked us to pray for his daughter and to pray for him. When he cried, I could feel the pain he was suffering, because he could not be with his daughter tonight, the time she needs him the most. I cried just watching Bobby speak."
More Bobby Brown News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'