Katy Perry and Russell Brand Have Been Granted Divorce by Los Angeles Judge
Katy Perry and Russell Brand have had their divorce finalized by a Los Angeles judge. Court records showed that Superior Court Judge Marc Marmaro signed the judgment on Wednesday, February 8, less than six weeks after the "Arthur" actor filed documents to end their 14 months of marriage.
The finalization of the divorce came just a day after the "Teenage Dream" singer filed her response to her estranged husband's divorce filing, stating that they have reached a settlement of all issues. Though so, the couple won't legally become single again until July 14. California law requires them to wait six months after filing for divorce before it becomes official.
During the judgment, judge Marmaro also called for Perry's maiden name, Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, to be restored. The exact terms of the former couple's divorce settlement remained undisclosed. Both Perry and Brand also didn't give indication in their court filings when they separated.
Perry and Brand tied the knot at a resort inside a tiger reserve in India back in October 2010. After weeks of break-up speculations, Brand filed for divorce in December 2011, blaming "irreconcilable differences" for the split. The estranged couple reportedly did not sign a prenuptial agreement, but it was said that Brand won't be asking for money from his singer wife.
More Katy Perry News
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'