Katy Perry and Russell Brand Have Been Granted Divorce by Los Angeles Judge
Katy Perry and Russell Brand have had their divorce finalized by a Los Angeles judge. Court records showed that Superior Court Judge Marc Marmaro signed the judgment on Wednesday, February 8, less than six weeks after the "Arthur" actor filed documents to end their 14 months of marriage.
The finalization of the divorce came just a day after the "Teenage Dream" singer filed her response to her estranged husband's divorce filing, stating that they have reached a settlement of all issues. Though so, the couple won't legally become single again until July 14. California law requires them to wait six months after filing for divorce before it becomes official.
During the judgment, judge Marmaro also called for Perry's maiden name, Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, to be restored. The exact terms of the former couple's divorce settlement remained undisclosed. Both Perry and Brand also didn't give indication in their court filings when they separated.
Perry and Brand tied the knot at a resort inside a tiger reserve in India back in October 2010. After weeks of break-up speculations, Brand filed for divorce in December 2011, blaming "irreconcilable differences" for the split. The estranged couple reportedly did not sign a prenuptial agreement, but it was said that Brand won't be asking for money from his singer wife.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences