Katy Perry and Russell Brand Have Been Granted Divorce by Los Angeles Judge
Katy Perry and Russell Brand have had their divorce finalized by a Los Angeles judge. Court records showed that Superior Court Judge Marc Marmaro signed the judgment on Wednesday, February 8, less than six weeks after the "Arthur" actor filed documents to end their 14 months of marriage.
The finalization of the divorce came just a day after the "Teenage Dream" singer filed her response to her estranged husband's divorce filing, stating that they have reached a settlement of all issues. Though so, the couple won't legally become single again until July 14. California law requires them to wait six months after filing for divorce before it becomes official.
During the judgment, judge Marmaro also called for Perry's maiden name, Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, to be restored. The exact terms of the former couple's divorce settlement remained undisclosed. Both Perry and Brand also didn't give indication in their court filings when they separated.
Perry and Brand tied the knot at a resort inside a tiger reserve in India back in October 2010. After weeks of break-up speculations, Brand filed for divorce in December 2011, blaming "irreconcilable differences" for the split. The estranged couple reportedly did not sign a prenuptial agreement, but it was said that Brand won't be asking for money from his singer wife.
More Katy Perry News
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance