Report: Russell Brand Doesn't Want Katy Perry's Money
Russell Brand reportedly is not taking his estranged wife Katy Perry's money. The actor is entitled to approximately $20 million of her fortune from the divorce proceedings because they did not sign a prenup.
A source told TMZ that Brand is happy with what he earns although the amount is far less than what Perry makes. She made $44 million in between May 2010 and May 2011, therefore Brand may pocket 50 percent of the fortune if he exercised the community property rights.
His lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, February 7 and the judge will make the divorce official six months from now, on June 30. "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)," the source told the website.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences