Report: Russell Brand Doesn't Want Katy Perry's Money
Russell Brand reportedly is not taking his estranged wife Katy Perry's money. The actor is entitled to approximately $20 million of her fortune from the divorce proceedings because they did not sign a prenup.
A source told TMZ that Brand is happy with what he earns although the amount is far less than what Perry makes. She made $44 million in between May 2010 and May 2011, therefore Brand may pocket 50 percent of the fortune if he exercised the community property rights.
His lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, February 7 and the judge will make the divorce official six months from now, on June 30. "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)," the source told the website.
More Russell Brand News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says