Report: Russell Brand Doesn't Want Katy Perry's Money
Russell Brand reportedly is not taking his estranged wife Katy Perry's money. The actor is entitled to approximately $20 million of her fortune from the divorce proceedings because they did not sign a prenup.
A source told TMZ that Brand is happy with what he earns although the amount is far less than what Perry makes. She made $44 million in between May 2010 and May 2011, therefore Brand may pocket 50 percent of the fortune if he exercised the community property rights.
His lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, February 7 and the judge will make the divorce official six months from now, on June 30. "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)," the source told the website.
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt