Report: Russell Brand Doesn't Want Katy Perry's Money
Russell Brand reportedly is not taking his estranged wife Katy Perry's money. The actor is entitled to approximately $20 million of her fortune from the divorce proceedings because they did not sign a prenup.
A source told TMZ that Brand is happy with what he earns although the amount is far less than what Perry makes. She made $44 million in between May 2010 and May 2011, therefore Brand may pocket 50 percent of the fortune if he exercised the community property rights.
His lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, February 7 and the judge will make the divorce official six months from now, on June 30. "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)," the source told the website.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes