Report: Russell Brand Doesn't Want Katy Perry's Money
Russell Brand reportedly is not taking his estranged wife Katy Perry's money. The actor is entitled to approximately $20 million of her fortune from the divorce proceedings because they did not sign a prenup.
A source told TMZ that Brand is happy with what he earns although the amount is far less than what Perry makes. She made $44 million in between May 2010 and May 2011, therefore Brand may pocket 50 percent of the fortune if he exercised the community property rights.
His lawyer filed the final divorce papers on Tuesday, February 7 and the judge will make the divorce official six months from now, on June 30. "This divorce is as amicable as it gets, and Russell was a mensch (Yiddish for a good person)," the source told the website.
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day