'Battleship' Super Bowl Spot Teaser Jam-Packed With More Sci-Fi Actions
A day after "The Hunger Games" premiered its Super Bowl spot, "Battleship" has now debuted a teaser for its commercial that will air during the Sunday, February 5 event. Making its way out via Fandango, the 15-second preview is jam-packed with more sci-fi actions.
Being studded with stunning special effects, the snippet offers a better look at an intense battle in the sea between robotic aliens and a group of naval crew. R&B sensation, Rihanna, is also seen combating a monstrous robot in a close-up range.
"Battleship" follows an international naval fleet at Pearl Harbor which engage in a massive battle against an alien race known as "The Refents". Those aliens arrive on planet Earth, on a mission to gain power source in the ocean. Upon their visit, they come in contact with the navy fleet.
The anticipated sci-fi movie is based on Hasbro's classic naval combat game. Peter Berg tackles the helming duty with Erich Hoeber and Jon Hoeber serving as the scribes. Joining RiRi in the cast ensemble are Liam Neeson, Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker and Hamish Linklater.
Universal has set a May 18 U.S. release for "Battleship".
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order