'Battleship' Super Bowl Spot Teaser Jam-Packed With More Sci-Fi Actions
A day after "The Hunger Games" premiered its Super Bowl spot, "Battleship" has now debuted a teaser for its commercial that will air during the Sunday, February 5 event. Making its way out via Fandango, the 15-second preview is jam-packed with more sci-fi actions.
Being studded with stunning special effects, the snippet offers a better look at an intense battle in the sea between robotic aliens and a group of naval crew. R&B sensation, Rihanna, is also seen combating a monstrous robot in a close-up range.
"Battleship" follows an international naval fleet at Pearl Harbor which engage in a massive battle against an alien race known as "The Refents". Those aliens arrive on planet Earth, on a mission to gain power source in the ocean. Upon their visit, they come in contact with the navy fleet.
The anticipated sci-fi movie is based on Hasbro's classic naval combat game. Peter Berg tackles the helming duty with Erich Hoeber and Jon Hoeber serving as the scribes. Joining RiRi in the cast ensemble are Liam Neeson, Taylor Kitsch, Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker and Hamish Linklater.
Universal has set a May 18 U.S. release for "Battleship".
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers