James Farentino's Death Certificate Notes Broken Hip as Official Cause of Death
When James Farentino passed away on January 24, a family spokesman said that he died of heart failure. His death certificate, however, said differently. Released by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, January 24, it uncovered that the 73-year-old actor died from complications from a broken hip.
The document listed Farentino's official cause of death as "sesquelae of right hip fracture," which he suffered in December 2011 after falling out of his bed. Sesquelae is a pathological condition resulting from disease, injury or trauma. The nature of the complications that killed him was not disclosed though.
While broken hip is blamed for Farentino's passing, his heart could still be a contributing factor. Per the coroner's report, the actor who played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" also had diabetes, hypertensive arteriosclerotic cardiopulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince