James Farentino's Death Certificate Notes Broken Hip as Official Cause of Death
When James Farentino passed away on January 24, a family spokesman said that he died of heart failure. His death certificate, however, said differently. Released by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, January 24, it uncovered that the 73-year-old actor died from complications from a broken hip.
The document listed Farentino's official cause of death as "sesquelae of right hip fracture," which he suffered in December 2011 after falling out of his bed. Sesquelae is a pathological condition resulting from disease, injury or trauma. The nature of the complications that killed him was not disclosed though.
While broken hip is blamed for Farentino's passing, his heart could still be a contributing factor. Per the coroner's report, the actor who played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" also had diabetes, hypertensive arteriosclerotic cardiopulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding