James Farentino's Death Certificate Notes Broken Hip as Official Cause of Death
When James Farentino passed away on January 24, a family spokesman said that he died of heart failure. His death certificate, however, said differently. Released by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, January 24, it uncovered that the 73-year-old actor died from complications from a broken hip.
The document listed Farentino's official cause of death as "sesquelae of right hip fracture," which he suffered in December 2011 after falling out of his bed. Sesquelae is a pathological condition resulting from disease, injury or trauma. The nature of the complications that killed him was not disclosed though.
While broken hip is blamed for Farentino's passing, his heart could still be a contributing factor. Per the coroner's report, the actor who played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" also had diabetes, hypertensive arteriosclerotic cardiopulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival