James Farentino's Death Certificate Notes Broken Hip as Official Cause of Death
When James Farentino passed away on January 24, a family spokesman said that he died of heart failure. His death certificate, however, said differently. Released by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, January 24, it uncovered that the 73-year-old actor died from complications from a broken hip.
The document listed Farentino's official cause of death as "sesquelae of right hip fracture," which he suffered in December 2011 after falling out of his bed. Sesquelae is a pathological condition resulting from disease, injury or trauma. The nature of the complications that killed him was not disclosed though.
While broken hip is blamed for Farentino's passing, his heart could still be a contributing factor. Per the coroner's report, the actor who played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" also had diabetes, hypertensive arteriosclerotic cardiopulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child