James Farentino's Death Certificate Notes Broken Hip as Official Cause of Death
When James Farentino passed away on January 24, a family spokesman said that he died of heart failure. His death certificate, however, said differently. Released by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Thursday, January 24, it uncovered that the 73-year-old actor died from complications from a broken hip.
The document listed Farentino's official cause of death as "sesquelae of right hip fracture," which he suffered in December 2011 after falling out of his bed. Sesquelae is a pathological condition resulting from disease, injury or trauma. The nature of the complications that killed him was not disclosed though.
While broken hip is blamed for Farentino's passing, his heart could still be a contributing factor. Per the coroner's report, the actor who played George Clooney's estranged father on "ER" also had diabetes, hypertensive arteriosclerotic cardiopulmonary disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'